Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Architectural distortion-So scared and anxious

Youngweezer
Youngweezer Member Posts: 3
edited July 2018 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hello. I received an auto alert in my electronic medical record on Saturday morning. It showed the results of my mammogram, including architectural distortion in right posterior breast.

I never received a phone call by Friday, as they said I would if anything was abnormal. Late in the afternoon, Saturday came the letter in the mail. My doctors office and breast center are not open until Monday.

Of course I do what most do...GOOGLE!!! I had never heard of architectural distortion so I wanted to know if this was another term for “fatty or dense tissue”. Boy was I educated...and freaked out.

I am scheduled for 3D /tomography test tomorrow.

After reading so many of your stories, I am realizing this could be the beginning of much waiting.

I also have Systemic Lupus (SLE). Stress is #1 enemy of Lupus. I am trying to keep busy. Husband is my best friend and has really done well to keep me busy. My mom and dad live with us as they are both in need of daily assistance; so they keep me pretty busy too.

I do not recall how I found this sight; however, I am so grateful I did. There is a wealth of information on here and I want to thank those who have made this possible!

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,815
    edited July 2018

Youngweezer, we are glad you found our site. It sounds like you have alot on your plate.

We are really routing for you that everything is benign, and hope you keep us posted.

Sending you hugs Medicating,

The Mods

• Youngweezer
    Youngweezer Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Learned today I am benign and clear!

Please know, you all will remain in my prayers.