Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

hollow behind nipple area

Options
Marie223
Marie223 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

hi I am very worried I've mammogram in 3 days time . I found deep hollow at nipple when doing breast exam on myself . And when look in mirror looks like a shadow over the nipple area . Is a hollow at nipple normal ? It's quiet a big dip . An suggestions of what it is or if hollow normal

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,052
    edited August 2018
    Options

It's so difficult to say what is "normal" as everyone's breast fluctuate. The mammogram will be helpful, and will let you know if you need any additional testing/examination (and here is hoping there isn't!). Anyway, please keep us posted!

• mustlovepoodles
    mustlovepoodles Member Posts: 1,248
    edited August 2018
    Options

Anytime we find new changes in our breasts we should get them evaluated. Most lumps, bumps, dimples, indents, and rashes turn out to be benign, especially in young people. The older we get, the higher our risk for all types of cancer.

I suggest you call your doctor tomorrow for an examination (don't go to the emergency room for this, they're not really set up for checking breasts). He/she will probably want to get an ultrasound or mammogram to check things out. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

• Marie223
    edited August 2018
    Options

going for mammogram in the morning in breast clinic . I'll keep you posted thanks for your comments X I'm feeling freaked out as my sis had breast cancer 4 years ago

• Marie223
    edited August 2018
    Options

had mammogram and ultra sound they said they look fine . Do they know straight away from looking at it there and then . She said when family history of breast cancer I should b referred to surgeon for Breast checks and sending a letter to my doc today . Is this normal to say about the surgeon if all is wel ??

• Krysm7
    Krysm7 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    Options

hi Marie.

Glad to hear your mammogram went well this morning! Yes, from what I know, you should definitely be getting register breast exams if there is history in your family. Do you know if she got a genetic profile done