Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chris Beat Cancer

Options
13»

Comments

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    edited October 2018
    Options

Yes, Divine, that's just it. Our definition of clean living has to be vastly enlarged. It's not just smoking. Plus, IMHO, they did more "right/clean" living which balanced their mis-steps. It's all about your immune system.  Super charge your immune system and you have a chance of your own body recognizing and destroying cancer. It's a microbobe. A "non-self".

That's where the research needs to be done. And a lot of this is known already. I live it the country surrounded by cornfields.  While I practice organic gardening, I watch the farmers/tractors spray deadly chemicals through-out the year.  Boy, did I do a happy dance when Monstanto lost that court case a couple of months ago.  Divine, there are known carnagenics in our food. The WHO lists them. But, they have safely levels. The levels are wrong. The food farmed in the US??? it's questionable, search and see which other countries won't take our beef in trade because of what is feed to them.  Our seed is GMO. Other countries won't allow it.  There's lots more questions then we have answers.

(Just to let you know, lousy speller. Always have been. Doubt Ill change now) lol

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited October 2018
    Options

People used to die of heart disease or other diseases which are now preventable before they got old enough to get cancer because cancer is largely a disease of aging. The incidence of breast cancer has only marginally changed in decades of records, and much of the slight increase is regular screening mammograms finding things like DCIS that used to not be diagnosed, at least not if or until it because invasive cancer.

• Lantana70
    Lantana70 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2018
    Options

hey everyone,

I am currently watching Kris Karr’s “Healing Cancer World Summit”. The podcasts are currently free and very insightful- a great balance between people choosing conventional and integrative approaches.

She interviews some great people like Chris Wark.

Have a beautiful day everyone😍

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited November 2018
    Options

@lantana70 - I also got the Chris Beat Cancer book and am reading it, plus listening to the Square One program. I'm a bit like you - balancing both the nutrition and the medicine and choosing what's right for me. We're all snowflakes, all a little different, and we have to find what works for us. To his benefit, Chris Wark did that.

I also found a useful site called foodforbreastcancer.com that backs up their recos of what it good or bad for breast cancer with all the scientific evidence and studies. I'm making note of the common threads - there are foods that both the holistic guys and the medical community say are good for beating breast cancer, like carrots and berries and broccoli. So I'm eating more of those.

I'm assessing my own risk/benefit based on lots of research, different opinions etc. I did the surgery (so did Chris FYI, and most of the people who beat cancer 'naturally') and I'm doing the radiation treatment (I tan easily so I hope that helps minimize side effects). I'm not doing chemo. Luckily my oncotype score was low and I had a stat to back up my choice, but also the risk of life threatening side effects worried me. There was someone else on the forums (Meoww I think?) who had a high oncotype, chose to say no to chemo, and is doing great. So helpful to see those success stories!

I will begrudgingly do tamoxifen like you. I'm trying to learn all the natural ways to prevent side effects before I start. I've also revamped my diet (no red meat, no dairy, no processed foods for now - not never, just now) - and lost 15 lbs since the diagnosis. You won't find me doing any coffee enemas however, nor vitamin C infusions. I see more evidence backing up the nutrition than the coffee enemas. And Chris ate the same thing every day for 90 days and more power to him but I need variety! So I'm trying to find a balance of what works for me. Eat the right things but change it up. Still eating fish and chicken (plus I read the protein helps prevent the risk of blood clots with Tamoxifen).

I agree with the fact that there are a million unique stories out there. My sister drinks and smoked and is more overweight than me and doesn't have breast cancer. But I'm encouraged by the ones who took matters into their own hands, did what was right for them, and beat it! My friend's Aunt went fully with the natural route and her tumor went away in 3 years and she's been 2 years cancer free since then, so those stories exist! Suzanne Somers did surgery and radiation but said no to chemo and she’s thriving 15+ years later

Speaking of doing what's right for you - @DivineMrsM what an inspiration you are! Your story is another that I find so encouraging.

Anyways, @Lantana - just wanted you to know I'm reading the book too and trying to take the best from both sides, the medicine AND nutrition - and applying them to what I hope to figure out works best for me, and provides the one two punch to knock the cancer out of the ballpark!

Best wishes to you and all the other ladies here to beat this as well, in your own way that works best for you!

• L-O-R-I
    L-O-R-I Member Posts: 56
    edited November 2018
    Options

This topic is very fascinating to me.  I will check out this book "Chris Bet Cancer", as it sounds right up my alley!  

I had a simple ductal papilloma removed from my breast in April, which I have had done 3 times in the past, and this time, when tested, the pathology report came back as described below.  I had some choices to make!  How should I go about resolving my BC diagnosis?  I took a hard look at what I was doing that could have contributed to my BC.  Could it have been my poor diet of chemical ridden foods?  Could it be my 2-3 glasses of white wine a day?  Could it be my sedentary life-style?  Could it have been my frequent gambling habit obsessing my mind and draining my adrenal glands, mixed with the guilt of wasting tons of money?  Maybe it was all the synthetic estrogen I'd been soaking into my body via products like makeup, hair-care, body/dish/laundry soaps, air fresheners, etc.?  Maybe it was my habitual staying up late watching tv until after midnight every night?  Maybe it was my lack of spirituality which had once been so important to me?  Maybe it was the 40 lbs I had gained in the last year and a half?

Yes, I had a choice to make!  I could go the Conventional Way and follow everything my Oncologist told me to do OR I could go with Alternative Medicine and make huge changes to my poor life-style and go all natural and take the wholistic approach.  The two are polar opposites so I couldn't possibly do both at the same time.  Ultimately, I chose to go the "all natural" way.  I refused a further lumpectomy with removal of sentinel lymph nodes, radiation, and anti-hormone drugs.  No one can accuse me of taking the easy road, that's for sure!  

It's been almost 8 months and I feel great!  I no longer have high cholesterol, high liver enzymes, or wacky CBC tests.  I've lost 35 lbs.  Almost a month ago I decided to get some medical follow-up, so I went for a mammogram and ultra sound so that the results could be compared with the ones I had done 8 months ago.  The tests showed no problems.  My Oncologist wanted a biopsy done of any suspicious findings so they decided to send me for an MRI to see if anything would show up on that.  The radiologist took a biopsy of what she said was slightly suspicious and it came back as a Fibroadenoma.  Because of the positive margins on my Papilloma removal 8 months ago, my Oncologist wants to keep doing biopsies until she finds the cancer that she is sure is still there.  She also wants to surgically take more breast tissue and also, a few sentinel lymph nodes.  Then she wants me to follow up with radiation and anti-hormone drugs if the nodes come back clean.  If they don't come back clean, then a mastectomy and chemo!  All I wanted was to have some follow-up tests.  Needless to say, I will continue to do the tons of things that I have been doing since my diagnosis, as I continue my journey to better health.  I'm looking forward to my 1 year mark!!

• marciam
    marciam Member Posts: 84
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hello Breast cancer ladies!

Ive got a story to tell- 7 years out- Mets to brain with Stage 4 BC using traditional and alternatives to enhance my survival- I want to share my programs and good news with all of you!

I have viewed Chris's work- informative but simple. I was asked to present a a program recently on a tele-summit since my story is so extraordinary! I've given workshops and been a featured speaker on the transformataionshow.com titled Heal cancer ! ( they decided on this title- I'm not making any claims here! ) This is body mind spirit journey using detoxifying the body and mind, and spirit. it is not a religious program ! I was also featured article on radical remission project ! My story is posted here under my name. I use Marcia Mcmahon as my guest name. I have really researched breast cancer alternatives using links to NIH, and also used essential oils. Frankincense is the most important to try!

My story is also posted on the metastatic ladies share their stories stage 4 stories with Marcia M. I survived stage 4 brain mets and a crippled arms and hand that went out due to the size of the tumor. I used both traditional chemo rads and surgery and added the juicing and so much more . I grow spouts , juice and have written a free cookbook. Her e are some links for you gals. I'm well at stage 4 ! I'M 7 years out! Iam a reiki master and certified in hypnosis. I offer suggestions for improvements to diet ,exercise ,supplements super food and a free cookbook! I am putting out and free radio links and article links. Iam not into heavy marketing I only want t o help others here. Ive found that use of Mind body spirit approach addressed all underlying issues related to breast cancer more thoroughly than just doing alternative or just the traditional medical model. I have confidence that my oncologist is so impressed that he said yes to all my alternatives and to taking me off hormonal therapy! the last scan was all clear! I had very brittle bones and was at risk for spinal or foot fracture . so Ive been given a clean bill of health for now. Its Thanksgiving that is something to celebrate! Please feel free to email if you'd like a copy of the vegan healthy diet cookbook!

dl347-4287b6d5-91b8-40fa-a274-3d40901ef3ce-v2.jpeg

The Transformatationshow.com

https://thetransformationshow.com/?cookieUUID=c380...

theradicalremissionproject.org/Marciadi

wish you all healing and wellness!

Marcia M

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited December 2018
    Options

L-O-R-I and MarciaM - What great stories - thank you for sharing!

This really gives me great encouragement as I continue my path of this chosen “integrated” approach. I’ve now lost 25 lbs with my focus on fruits, veggies, lean protein, no processed foods, no red meat and no dairy. And I’m almost done with radiation treatment and the radiologist told me today that my skin looks even better than those who fare well!

I‘m still nervous about side effects of tamoxifen but willing to give it a try. I also want to do everything from a nutrition standpoint to keep this from coming back. With that in mind, do you have any advice for what worked really well for you

Just wanted to thank you for being inspirations that there IS something to the diet and lifestyle updates that we are all empowered to do!

• Lantana70
    edited December 2018
    Options

Good on you Pebbles for being proactive. I have tonne of research and the best diets for low recurrence is no red meat and dairy. Believe it or not onions and garlic are the top cancer fighting foods! Chris Wark has really good and practical advice. He is my favourite go to person in terms of fighting cancer. He is so lovely and really knows his stuff. I really admire Kris Kerr too from Crazy Sexy Cancer.

Remember too, I think we overlook stress and it’s relation to cancer. There is no point being on a wonderful diet and being stressed out of your brains. This is going to be a huge focus for me next year. I’ve been in such a toxic work situation so I am getting away from it next year!

All the best Pebbles

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,034
    edited December 2018
    Options

I added more nuts—love pecans—and citrus fruit to my diet. Lots ans lots and lots of water, too. Often with a squeezed lemon. In terms of supplements, I added tumeric and vitamin D.

But Lantana, you make a very important point that eliminating stress is also of vital importance. I’m not one to believe stress causes cancer—too many people I know have tons of stressors and aren’t afflicted by cancer—however, I’m a firm believer that eliminating stress has tremendous healing power. After the mbc diagnosis, I gradually learned to stop putting up with sh*t. To stop putting myself last. I learned when it was worth it to rock the boat and speak up. Sometimes it is often! I was oppressed and suppressed in many areas of my life. I also learned what things to let slide. I started doing less out of obligation and do more of what I really wanted to do, I added lots more fun without feeling guilty about it, and while still being a responsible adult. I simplified many areas of my life and decluttered my house. I am still evolving when it comes to all this, and tho less likely to fall into stressful traps, I reassess things from time to time to keep my life calmer and not allow stresses I get rid of to to creep back in.

• Lantana70
    edited November 2019
    Options

love you Mrs Divine! 💖

You keep it so real. I love your humour, your wit, you keep it so real.

God bless you Hun