Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting chemo April 2019

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• farfalla6
    farfalla6 Member Posts: 92
    Options

Yay!!! Wonderful!!! Woo-Hoo!! Celebrating with you. Nice to get such wonderful news during this time!!

• msmarie
    msmarie Member Posts: 72
    Options

Thanks farfalla!

My surgeon called last night and read me the path report, lots of big words. He interpreted for me that I had a rare benign response to last year’s lumpectomy that mimics worrisome calcifications.

When I get the report, I’ll post the description in case anyone else experiences the same.

Love to all, try to stay sane during this quarantine

• bam320
    bam320 Member Posts: 84
    Options

Yea!!!! I had been checking in for an update. So happy for you Ms. Marie!! Enjoy that wineHappy

• msmarie
    Options

3-29-19 was a Friday and was my first AC treatment. It's hard to believe a year has passed! Really feeling blessed for that timing, I feel sorry for those having chemo right now. Praying that they can all stay healthy through this pandemic.

Congrats to all of us a year out 😘 MM

• msmarie
    Options

I wanted to post my biopsy results in case any of you have a similar finding. It appeared I had some linear calcifications near my scar and sentinel node area. I had an excisional biopsy out of caution.

Here's what I had: "Extensive hemosiderin-containing macrophages. While not common, hemosiderin-containing macrophages have been recognized as mimickers of microcalcifications on high res mammography. No microcalcifications identified. No evidence of malignancy."

I'm guessing most of us are homebound right now. As bad as this is, I wouldn't trade it for where we all were a year ago. Hugs and health to all! MM

• bam320
    Options

Happy Easter Everyone!

Thanks for the information Marie!

I am thinking of everyone this morning and I am sure we all are thinking about where we were this time last year. Easter weekend last year I believe I was two chemos in. We were having family over on Saturday. My hair had started to come out but thought I had a little more time with my hair. I showered that morning and it was now coming out in clumps. I ended up having to wear my wig for the first time that day and then shaved my head after everyone left.

Holy cow, we have been through a lot in one year! I hope everyone is doing well and avoiding COVID-19. I hold a special place for you all as you helped me get through one of the worst times of my life.

All my best,

Betsy

• msmarie
    Options

I meant to ask... how is everyone's hair doing?

I've got a long pixie, but the curls are a little unruly. I have not yet stopped wearing my wig in public, but after this long break of not seeing everyone every day, I think it's time to debut the new look!

Excited but it will take me a lot longer to get ready now, I'll take it 💕 MM

• SparkleGirl2018
    SparkleGirl2018 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Hi all! It is so good to hear from everyone and hear how y'all are doing. I finished up my radiation in October and really wasn't feeling good for a while. Then I had a gall bladder attack December 30th and had to have it removed (full of gallstones!) After that I started feeling so much better Happy

I had my reconstruction Feb. 24th. I am going to have to go back for some "adjustments". Even with a reduction on the non-mastectomy side and the largest implant on the mastectomy side, the mastectomy side is still very noticeably smaller Sad . I was really hoping to be done. I just did the expander to implant. I wonder if I should have done a different type of reconstruction.

Ms. Marie - I stopped wearing my wig in December and it has been so freeing! The curls are getting a little crazy now. I just use lots of gel! I have gotten more compliments on my hair now then I ever did before! and I am not planning on coloring it anymore unless I just can't stand it as it grows out. But so far so good. I will try to include a picture with this post.

Hope everyone else is doing well!! image

• bam320
    Options

Hi there,

Sparkle girl, your hair looks great! My hair looks very much like yours both in length and curl. I have stopped wearing a wig at this point which feels great! I am in need of some highlights though as it is pretty dark and I need some color to break it up a bit. I like most of my curls except for in the front where they are a bit tighter. I have such straight hair and have not had curls since my perms in the 80's...ha! I may miss them if they do go away.

I had a reduction on my non cancer breast in February. My masectomy reconstruction was diep/tram flap. My reduction side is still bigger. Not by a lot but it is. I know they will never be exactly the same because they are different types of tissue....stomach fat versus breast tissue but I do expect them to look the same in a bra or bathing suit. My last check up with the plastic surgeon was cancelled due to covid but I do want another tweaking of the reduction side. I was so excited to have it all over with the surgery in February so it is disappointing. I did the diep route because I really did not want implants but now I wonder if that would be a better match to my diep side.

I hope everyone keeps posting. It is fun to catch up and see how everyone is doing.

Wishing you all the best,

Betsy

• SparkleGirl2018
    SparkleGirl2018 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Hi Bam, My hair is really tight in the front as well! If I touch it too much during the day it gets so puffy! It feels like poodle hair Loopy I have notice the top is starting to straighten out as it get's longer.

I was thinking I should have gone the deep/tram flap rather than the implants to get a more even look. I will see what he say's next visit. I agree, I just want them to look the same in a bra and bathing suit! My plastic surgeon did say that they are still healing and it was too soon to do any tweaking Sad

Hope everyone else is doing okay during this quarantine!

Debbie