Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2020 ILC Symposium in Pittsburgh - Save the Date

Options
hipline
hipline Member Posts: 72

The Lobular Breast Cancer Alliance will be actively involved in the 2020 conference. Sign up for their newsletter to stay up to date!

Comments

• leighseattle
    leighseattle Member Posts: 2
    Options

You can also follow LBCA and conference updates on LBCA's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/lobularbreastcancerallian... and/or twitter @LobularBCA. Sign up for newsletters at www.lobularbreastcancer.org

• hipline
    Options

There is talk of possibly doing a patient advocate training session on May 13, the day prior to conference start. Organizers are looking for feedback and you can post it on this thread. Thank you.

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

bump

• hipline
    Options

LBCA members are meeting to talk about the 2020 Conference later this month. The current plan is to do a day of Advocacy Training Workshops for all patients interested (as well as clinicians) on Thursday May 14th. This may include such things as basic science of lobular, research news on lobular and how to be an effective advocate. We will have clinicians presenting some of the workshops. The first Keynote Speaker would be that evening and mark the official start of the conference.

Conference will be May 14 - 16, 2020 and end early afternoon May 16 for those who need to travel home. More updates very soon.

Also, please sign up for the LBCA newsletter to stay in the latest loop on all things lobular. Thank you!

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

Bump for JENT1972.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

I'm glad there is more study of lobular breast cancer but I don't want the expense of traveling to Pittsburg. I assume there will be another webinar or it will be recorded and available for view on the lobular breast cancer site. Does anyone know if it will be recorded?

I was less than satisfied with the Cleveland event (webinar). Was that the same type of event or different?

I feel selfish but I also hope that by May, breast cancer won't be consuming my mind as it apparently still is.

• hipline
    Options

I was at the recent conference in Cleveland and the moderators did their best in trying to field questions from over 350 people in a short time. There were a lot of questions left on the table and it goes to show how great the need is for information to the lobular community.

Pittsburgh 2020 is a different type of meeting. It will be a day focused on patient education and learning about advocacy and then a day and a half presenting research and clinical updates geared towards medical professionals and research advocates.

We will make every effort to record the session in Pittsburgh 2020 but it will depend on cost and if we can raise the funds. But note that the one day "Lobular Boot Camp" geared towards patients and advocates will have researchers and clinicians speaking about lobular and experienced advocates speaking about things we as patients can do. This is May 14 and you could come for that day only and learn a tremendous amount.

We hope to have schedules and registration available by early November and I will update as soon as we know more.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

Hipline, is this something that medical oncologists and or breast surgeons would be interested in? I am in PA but east side of the state (Philadelphia area). Are doctors informed of these via medical newsletters or is it something I should tell my MO&BS about?

While I am not sure if this is something I want to attend, I would certainly pass along information to my doctors in hopes of helping others. Or, if there are pamphlets I could ask to put out in the Women's Center of the hospital I go to. (Fox Chase Cancer Center) I don't know how the organization's advertising is done. By the way, for anyone in the Philadelphia area, Fox Chase is currently in the process of talks merging with Jefferson Medical System, which also has a very good cancer center. I believe this merger will make two great programs into an even greater program!

Anyway, if I can help, just let me know!

• hipline
    Options

We will be generating some promotional material in the upcoming months. I will post when we have that available and offer it to anyone interested in spreading the word.

Once the agenda is set in November, you can share it with your medical team and they can decide if it is something they are interested in. There will be both researchers and clinicians present. Here is a link to a "save the date" that can be printed and shared in the meantime. Thanks!

• WndrWoman
    WndrWoman Member Posts: 11
    Options

I know the symposium has been rescheduled for November. On the website it says hotel reservations with the discount need to be made by a date in April. Is that correct or does it need to be updated? Thanks

• hipline
    Options

Hi,

I think there will be an announcement coming out in the next week or so with details about the future symposium. You are correct, the hotel information is wrong and needs updating. I will help make sure all pertinent information is shared when there are some more details. Thanks for pointing that out!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

http://ilcsymposium.com/

Virtual ILC Symposium 2021 June 23-25, June 30

• WndrWoman
    WndrWoman Member Posts: 11
    Options

Great session today for patient advocates. It was recorded.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

I missed it! Do you know how I can see the recording, WndrWoman?

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    Options

I would like to see the recording too since I missed it since I was away.

• hipline
    Options

The recordings are now available from the recent 2021 ILC Symposium:

https://lobularbreastcancer.org/2021-internationl-...

Great information!