Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Studies recruiting participants

Options
2»

Comments

• Lumpie
    Lumpie Member Posts: 1,553
    Options

Help end breast cancer mortality due to recurrence

Participate in our blood drive
    Become a long-term member of our translational research team

We need 500 breast cancer survivors to donate blood and join our team. Take the survey below to find out whether you are eligible for the blood drive.

If you've had breast cancer within the last 7 years, you are not currently on chemotherapy and have not had another kind of cancer, you may be eligible to donate blood!

There are no borders for this event. If you can be at the event on November 16, 2019, it doesn't matter where you live. However, we are working out details to allow remote blood collection for our next blood drive.

https://thebenchwithbedsideinitiative.usc.edu/

• Lumpie
    Options

The future of healthcare is co-designed with patients.

If you have "patient experience" consider signing up with Savvy.coop. Savvy is the Match.com of patient insights. Connecting people with opportunities to share their unique health experiences with professionals. Connecting companies and researchers with qualified individuals to gain diverse insights. Our Story: Once
    upon a time, there were two patients who were tired of healthcare
    innovators designing products and services without talking to patients
    first. They dreamed of restoring power back to patients, giving them a
    voice and fairly valuing their insights. Our Mission: To empower people to use their experience to create positive change. Our Vision: To create a world where it's easy to connect and learn from each other. And where profits are fairly distributed to the people who helped generate them. {Savvy is a coop which distributes profits to member participants.}

https://savvypatient-signup.paperform.co/?df4pk=cc...

• aterry
    aterry Member Posts: 142
    Options

Lumpie, thanks for starting this great thread. I'm on the Susan Love mailing list andI got an interesting email today. Army of Women is connecting volunteers to a study of a cognitive tool. The study is in NYC. I can't participate, alas, because I'm over 65 but I hope they get their enrollment and proceed with the work. I'm curious to know more about this irksome side effect of chemo and if there is any way to lessen the damage. The researcher is: James Root, PhD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY

The research team needs both women who have been diagnosed with stage 0 (DCIS) to stage III breast cancer and women who have not had cancer to participate so the researchers can compare test results between the two groups.

https://www.armyofwomen.org/studies/72128

Thanks, again.

• lexica
    lexica Member Posts: 138
    Options

this is an interesting one aterry - I am going to try and get in even though they say 40-65. Probably won't happye, but if it's still recruiting in 3.5 years, I can try again :)

• Lumpie
    Options

Thanks for sharing that one, aterry. I got it, too. Good luck, Lexica.

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    Options

Thanks for all the great info, Lumpie. I signed up for the USC study. I'm scheduled to give them a blood sample on November 16th. Not sure what else is involved, but it's only a couple of miles from my home.

Trish

• Lumpie
    Options

Yeah! Thank you, Trishyla!

• AnnC2019
    AnnC2019 Member Posts: 93
    Options

This is a scam. I sent information and there was no reply. Moderators need to remove this link about cancer and poop

https://persephonebiome.com/

• AnnC2019
    AnnC2019 Member Posts: 93
    Options

I never heard back from them or received a kit

• hopeful82014
    hopeful82014 Member Posts: 887
    Options

I apologize for the size of this post but I couldn't get the link only to post properly.

Stage IV, HER2-Negative Women Needed for Trial Testing Neratinib Purpose of this Study: The purpose of this study is to see whether neratinib is effective in treating HER2-negative metastatic tumors that have a specific type of genetic mutation (ERBB2). The first part of this study is a preliminary screening. During this part of the study, your tumor tissue will be tested to see if it has the specific mutation the researchers are looking for. If your tumor has the mutation, you will be given more information about the main research study, which is investigating the effectiveness of neratinib. This Study Involves:

• Medical history review
    • Blood samples
    • Tumor sample (new or previously taken)
    Participating Locations:

Multiple sites in the U.S.

Researcher:
    Cynthia Ma, MD, PhD
    Washington University
    St. Louis, MO Recruiting for:
    Women with stage IV, HER2 negative breast cancer. Sign Up for This Study Forward to a Friend Not the right study? View all Studies
  • Lumpie
    Options

Breast cancer patients throughout the U.S. starting hormone therapy needed.

Hormone therapies are routinely used to treat hormone-sensitive (ER+ and/or PR+) breast cancer. Researchers have developed online health programs designed to help women with early-stage breast cancer learn more about hormone therapy and how to enhance wellbeing.

The purpose of the My Journey Study is to compare two 8-week online health programs that have been developed to help women with early-stage breast cancer starting hormone therapy. Both programs include interactive health resources and videos. The researchers are interested in learning what aspects of these programs patients find beneficial.

https://www.armyofwomen.org/studies/72224

• Lumpie
    Options

NEW HRT STUDY

Dear MiraKind Participant,

We are reaching out because you have been involved with MiraKind in the past. In case you missed it, we wanted to ask for your help on a new study to determine the role of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) in Breast Cancer Risk. As you may already know, this is a very controversial area in women's health, which is lacking clear, personalized information to help guide this important decision. You may also know that currently there is strong evidence that for women with the KRAS-variant, taking HRT appears to decrease their risk of developing aggressive breast cancer. The potential protective effect of estrogen alone therapy was just confirmed in a 19 year follow up or the Women's Health Study.

The goal of this new research study is to further understand how HRT decreases the risk of cancer in women with the KRAS-variant, and to identify additional genetic markers that can identify women with an increased or decreased risk of breast cancer related to HRT.

How you can help:

1. Complete this new* survey to participate in the study.

LINK TO SURVEY

Please be sure to have 10-15 minutes available to complete it.
    *Note, even if you have previously filled out a survey for MiraKind, this survey is specific to this study, so please also complete this.

2. Share this email with friends, family, or anyone you think would be interested, and ask them to follow this link to sign up to receive study information when we launch this to the broader public.

Share via FacebookShare via Facebook
    Forward via EmailForward via Email

Thank you for helping us find answers with you to better guide important decisions in women's health!

Dr. Joanne Weidhaas
    Founder, MiraKind

{I think the link may allow you to send yourself and invitation. It is brief - took me less than 10 minutes.}

• Lumpie
    Options

What Type of Breast Cancer Surgery Did You Choose— and Why? The WhySurg Study.

The purpose of this study is to learn how a woman's beliefs and values influence her decision to select a specific type of breast cancer surgery. The researchers will use what they learn to create a decision aid that doctors can use to talk with their patients about breast surgery options. We encourage minorities and women who have had a single mastectomy to please consider participation.
    This Study Involves:A 30-minute anonymous online survey containing questions about your personality profile and your breast cancer diagnosis and surgery. We are interested in how your values influenced your surgical choices. You may take breaks while answering the questions. You have the opportunity to receive your personality score after completing the survey.Recruiting for:You can read and understand English.You are a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer no more than 10 years ago.You were 18-59 years old at the time of your breast cancer diagnosis.You had breast cancer surgery (double mastectomy, single mastectomy, or lumpectomy/breast-conserving surgery) no more than 10 years ago.You are willing to complete an online survey.You are anywhere in the U.S.We encourage minorities and women who have had a single mastectomy to please consider participation.

• Lumpie
    Options

Have you been diagnosed with cancer? Help @ASCO understand patient experiences with cancer care by taking this 10-minute survey https://bit.ly/2HCoGuR

{Includes questions on diet/nutrition and exercise.}

• Lumpie
    Options

Purpose of this Study:

The purpose of this study is to learn how a woman's beliefs and values influence her decision to select a specific type of breast cancer surgery. The researchers will use what they learn to create a decision aid that doctors can use to talk with their patients about breast surgery options. We encourage minorities and women who have had a single mastectomy to please consider participation.

This Study Involves:

• A 30-minute anonymous online survey containing questions about your personality profile and your breast cancer diagnosis and surgery. We are interested in how your values influenced your surgical choices. You may take breaks while answering the questions. You have the opportunity to receive your personality score after completing the survey.

• Lumpie
    Options

Sharing this message which I got from Poop For The Cure:

{Sorry for the short notice. I just got it today.}

Message from our CEO and Co-founder, Dr. Stephanie Culler:

I want to thank you all for helping in the fight against cancer by signing up for Poop For The Cure® over the last two years. With a strong showing of support, by poop donors in all 50 states, we have made great progress in the development of ground-breaking microbial cell therapies to end cancer. We are a small startup company and the que of poop samples and donors has kept us very busy! If you have yet to receive a poop kit, please be patient, we still want your poop as we intend to study as many poop samples as possible! In the meantime, there is one, simple request I need each of you to help us with in the fight against cancer today.

Based on data, from the poop samples we have collected to date from you all, we are seeking to work with Johnson & Johnson pharmaceuticals to help us commercialize the therapeutic derived from our research. On Tuesday June 30th 9:00am-10:00am PDT, Johnson & Johnson will be hosting an online webinar and I will be the featured speaker. The online webinar is called "Science First: The Power of the Microbiome in the Fight Against Disease". We really need your support and to show Johnson & Johnson people are interested in new therapies and options for cancer patients. We really need thousands of our Poop For The Cure participants to sign up for the free online webinar. Even if you are not able to attend the June 30 webinar, by signing up you will help to really help our efforts in the fight against cancer and COVID-19!! Click on the link below.

https://microbiome.splashthat.com

What if we could leverage the impact of the gut microbiome on the human immune system to fight one of the most devastating diseases we face today? Persephone Biosciences, a resident company of JLABS @ San Diego, is combining artificial intelligence with population-scale patient data with the aim to develop ground-breaking microbial cell therapies to treat cancer. We're bringing together Dirk Gevers, Global Head, Microbiome Solutions, World Without Disease Accelerator at Janssen R&D and Stephanie Culler, CEO of Persephone Biosciences to dive into their technology platform and its potential impact on cancer, as well as their recently developed candidate for an immune-boosting microbiome therapeutic aimed to help prevent and fight SARS-CoV-2.

Poop For The Cure®

Persephone Biosciences, Inc.

support@persephonebiome.com

JLABS 3210 Merryfield Row

San Diego, CA 92121

TEDxSan Diego

PoopForTheCure™

• Lumpie
    Options

Medicare Advantage For All Can Save Our Health-Care System

George Halvorson, former CEO of Kaiser Permanente, and Dr. Mehmet Oz propose here a quick and comprehensive way to provide Americans with universal health-care coverage and better health care, especially poor, underserved communities - By having health insurance bought through the highly successful Medicare Advantage program. One-third of people on Medicare have opted for Medicare Advantage because beneficiaries get better care thanks to competing plans. As the authors explain, Medicare Advantage could be expanded quickly and (they think) would be infinitely better than the highly-flawed idea of Medicare for All.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2020/06/11/medicare-advantage-for-all-can-save-our-health-care-system/#155644f14d12

{An interesting suggestion for getting a universal coverage plan "out there" and available asap.}

• Lumpie
    Options

I received this message and thought I would share. I have signed up with Savvy. It is a cooperative and will compensate participant co-owners who participate in studies.

(Message dated April 13, 2021)

We are looking for folks diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer who are currently on Piqray or Kisqali to participate in a 60-minute patient experience interview. The pay will be a $100 gift card (choices include Visa, Amazon, etc). If you, or anyone you know is interested, please copy the link below to apply! If you refer anyone who completes the gig you will receive $75 for the referral. This link contains a personalized tag which lets us know you sent them.

https://gigs.savvy.coop/bcancer/?r=51

Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Best,

Sarah Lichty

Senior Project Manager

PS: If I receive any referral funds, I will donate them to a Breast Cancer charity!

• Lumpie
    Options

Sharing this request to participate which I received from the American Cancer Society. I have completed the survey.:

If you are a cancer patient or survivor and have already joined Survivor Views, thank you; we are so excited to partner with you on this important project!

If you haven't, please know this is the last email we will be sending you about this project. To make sure as many cancer patients and survivors as possible can join, we are asking you to take this important survey no later than Friday, April 30.

Join Survivor Views today by clicking here: Survivor Views

Survivor Views is open to ANYONE diagnosed with or treated for cancer within the last 7 years who is over 18 years old and lives in the US or US territories. Please help us reach as many cancer survivors as possibly by forwarding this email to your friends or family who may also be interested in participating.

I hope you will join us today in this important project to give voice to the experiences and perspectives of cancer survivors!

• Lumpie
    Options

I got this message from a study I participated in:

The Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance is looking for survey participants, using the MBC Connect patient registry app, to learn about your experience during the pandemic. Receive a $125 Amazon eGift card for your time. To learn more, join the registry, and take the surveys, visit: MBCconnect.org/REACT

Download the app on Google Play or the Apple App Store, or visit MBCconnect.org for more information. Please share this message with others who are living with MBC that you think may be interested. Don't delay, the surveys will be closing soon!

• Lumpie
    Options

The eReach Study: A Randomized Study of an eHealth Delivery Alternative for Cancer Genetic Testing for Hereditary Predisposition in Metastatic Breast, Ovarian, Prostate and Pancreatic Cancer Patients.

The University of Pennsylvania is conducting the eReach Study to look at how to best help cancer patients understand and get genetic testing.

If you live in the United States and have metastatic breast cancer, metastatic prostate cancer, advanced pancreatic cancer, or advanced ovarian cancer, and you haven't had genetic testing for a hereditary cancer syndrome, you may be eligible to receive free genetic counseling by participating in the eReach Study.

Read more here:

https://redcap.med.upenn.edu/surveys/?s=MY7H37TM7W...