Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation June 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• edj3
    edj3 Member Posts: 1,579
    edited July 2019
    Options

Go Mom2Bunky, go!

• mom2bunky
    mom2bunky Member Posts: 54
    edited July 2019
    Options

Happy Thanks GiddyUpGirl and Edj3!

• debrac
    debrac Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2019
    Options

I just did #10. Skin still looks normal. 10 more to be done. Can’t wait

Mom2Bucky, we r on same #. But it looks like you finished before me.

We can do this!

• mom2bunky
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi DebraC,

Yes, I'm only having 16 total and no boosts. RO doesn't think more is necessary. Had 11th this morning!

• mom2bunky
    edited July 2019
    Options

Well I'm done dear June-y friends. Last rad was on Thursday.

Oddly enough, the area turned red'ish three days later over the weekend. It's tan now and fading fast. Nothing on my back. The aloe and calendula really made a big difference for me.

I am however, after the fact, EXHAUSTED. The fatigue hit the last couple of days and has stayed with me. It isn't life changing, but my stamina is in the toilet right now. But overall I feel fine, if I don't try to do too much.

• edj3
    edj3 Member Posts: 1,579
    edited July 2019
    Options

Yeah I've found the three weeks post rads I've been more fatigued that I was during it. It's the gift that keeps on giving. If my RO hadn't told me the fatigue can take 4 to 6 months to go away, I'd be beating myself up right now. So there's that.

• mom2bunky
    edited July 2019
    Options

Mine warned me as well edj3, but since I got through with almost zero side effects, I thought I was scott free. Ha.

PS: The INFERNAL heat the past couple of weeks hasn't helped.

• Togethertolearn
    Togethertolearn Member Posts: 224
    edited August 2019
    Options

Did everybody get radiation tattoos? Mine are just permanent marker ‘X’s covered by circular clear adhesive. I never heard of boosts until this site either. Everyone has such a specific plan geared just for them, it’s great they know so much that they can tailor our treatments. But confusing too

• GiddyupGirl
    GiddyupGirl Member Posts: 196
    edited August 2019
    Options

Together - I got 4 tattoos - sharpie marks every day but no tape. I think every hospital has their own protocol.

• mothpowder
    mothpowder Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hello, can anyone tell me what the difference between Radiation and IMC Irradiation, I have tried researching but cannot understand, can anyone help please?

Tanya