Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone have a pain in the buttock.

Options

it's 13 years since my diagnosis of stage II her2 pos er/ pr neg with one lymph node pos. I've been having a pain on one buttock that seems to come from the “sit" bone (the ischium part of the pelvis) near my inner thigh.I had all the treatments that were available at that time. The pain is always there, but i'm no in agony. Advil doesn't help much. Having an mri Friday and the wait is killing me. My onc has said in the past it probably would have returned before this, but who knows. The has just started giving herceptin for early stage around then. Just

Hoping for encouragement.

Sue

Comments

• Alicethecat2
    Alicethecat2 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Hello Sue

Could it be sciatica or Piriformis syndrome?

Alice

• claireinaz
    claireinaz Member Posts: 679
    Options

I did and same as you it really scared me. I finally went to a doc and was dx with sciatica. A few months ago I had intermittent hip pain, and freaked again. I had tendinitis that time. It doesn’t sound like cancer, but if it doesn’t get better in two or so weeks, see your doc.

• daisybell
    daisybell Member Posts: 3
    Options

thank you for responding, don’t think sciatica, not sure about Piriformis. I’ve had the pain for over a month, and been waiting 2 torturous weeks for the mri, which is tomorrow. Only thing is it’s Friday, so I’ll probably be tortured all weekend again. Just scared about the cancer returning in bones after 13 years. I’ve been very fortunate to be free of cancer for the past 13 years. I had a 2.5 cm , 1 node, er/pr neg, her 2 pos. I had A /C taxol /herceptin, mastectomy, and radiation. Just about everything that was available in 2006. I work in pathology, do her2 testing and deal with cancer all day, so I’m freaked out. I’ll check out that Piriformis Syndrome. Thanks again, will let you know.

Sue

• KBeee
    KBeee Member Posts: 695
    Options

I had bursitis and piriformitis which presented similarly. Glad you're getting it checked.

• daisybell
    daisybell Member Posts: 3
    Options

mri showed tendonitis, so after 13 years still ok, thanks for your replies

• Sjacobs146
    Sjacobs146 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Great news daisybell

• EllyO
    EllyO Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi! I'm also experiencing a pain or burning in my left butt cheek. I stared out with hip pain in mid May which I attributed to sitting funny in the backseat of my small car. Now my hip is better and I have this burning in my butt cheek. I saw my doctor right after the pain started and she told me to keep her appraised of hip pain but now it isn't my hip it's my butt. for the most part I feel better now and I'm just wondering if it's a long time heeling or if it's more.I also ride a school bus for a living and we're just out of school so my thought is to see if being off the bus helps. Any thoughts?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,904
    Options

EllyO, welcome to BCO. There are of course many reasons you could have that pain, but you may want to see if they will take an image/scan just so you can be less concerned. Keep us posted, and glad you have the summer off!

• claireinaz
    claireinaz Member Posts: 679
    Options

EllyO, sounds like sciatica. Muscle/tissue pain is less likely to be cancerous than a deep ache in bones. Rule of thumb is if the pain lasts longer than 2 weeks, call your MO and report it. Because you sit a lot for your job, I'm guessing you irritated a nerve. But if it gets worse or isn't gone in a few weeks, please call your doc. They may want to do a scan of some kind or at least an exam, but I'm guessing you are okay.

Claire in AZ

• EllyO
    EllyO Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hip pain has gone and I did have x-rays that were clear. My only lingering pain is some pain in the pubis area when I bend or sit on certain hard surfaces.