Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anti-Cancer, a New Way of Life - Dr. David Servan-Schreiber

Options

Diagnosed with brain cancer, Dr. Servan-Schreiber changed his lifestyle and nutrition intake to outlive his prognosis by almost 20 years

AntiCancer Book

Comments

• josieo
    josieo Member Posts: 140
    Options

I read this book and liked it very much. Did not find it too extreme or anti conventional medicine. The suggestions made are easy and have a logical basis. Gave a copy to my friend who is also a cancer “survivor”, she enjoyed it as well. We both frequently remind ourselves of a chapter or section and re-read it

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,010
    Options

The book was published around the time I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, around 2011. It was a calming and inspirational read, informative and insightful. I recommend it to anyone dealing with this disease.

• BlueGirlRedState
    BlueGirlRedState Member Posts: 900
    Options

You might also like "Anti-Cancer Living - Transform your Life and Health with the Mix of Six" by Lorenzo Cohen and Alison Jeffries. (Social and emotional support, managing stress, improving sleep, exercise, diet, Minimizing exposure to toxins). Dr. Servan-Schreiber asked LOrenzo to be the keynote speaker at a conference when he was too ill to attend.

• 1redgirl
    1redgirl Member Posts: 94
    Options

Netflix did a documentary about him. I have watched it several times and also got his book. That man spoke to me. When he died, I cried like a baby. He was inspirational.

• divinemrsm
    Options

redgirl, I didn’t know there was a Netflix documentary of this author! Thanks so much for the info! I will definitely check it out!

• divinemrsm
    Options

Found it! Look forward to watching it.

“The C Word”

• sajescents
    sajescents Member Posts: 41
    Options

DivineMrsM, thanks for posting re "The C Word". I have read Dr. Servan-Schreiber's book and really appreciated seeing him and listening to him in the movie. ThumbsUp

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358
    Options

I was just poking around the boards and thought this book looked interesting. I downloaded it yesterday and finished it today, a lot of good information. Anything we can do to have a better time with this shitty disease is ok with me. I connected with so much of what this guy went through. Will check out the Netflix as well! Thank you all.

• vandercat
    vandercat Member Posts: 43
    Options

I just watched this on Netflix. The man had a mission to deliver plain information. More people should have heard him.

Also, watch Forks Over Knives, a documentary about plant-based eating.

• 1redgirl
    1redgirl Member Posts: 94
    Options
    I have not posted the past couple years. I have read and reread this book many times. I periodically watch it on Netflix. While it ends tragically, his journey still moves me. I really believe that he sacrificed his health to help us all get through the cancer journey. This month I am 4 years since cancer surgery and diagnosis for the second time. Much has changed in my life. I am doing again what I love to do. I am still fine with my decision to reject chemo and hormone treatment and go holistic. The medical community hates it, but it was right for me. Best to all.
  • bgross144
    bgross144 Member Posts: 5
    Options

hello