Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

PROTOCEL - Alternative treatment for STAGE IV People...

Options
nicolerod
nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877

Hi...so the other day I met a gentleman that came to our house to buy our pool table...and we got to talking. His wife and mom had both had breast cancer. They both took this stuff called Protocel. To make a long story short both of them had a major reduction in tumor size before even beginning any treatment.

The guy drove back to our house the next day to give me the book on this stuff. I looked it up on line and at first I thought "oh gosh" because there was a some mixed information about how it came about. Then i found this (I will put the link here) I have to admit I am very intrigued. Just wanted to see what you Stage 4 friends think...

https://www.outsmartyourcancer.com/what-is-protoce...

Comments

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    Options

https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/c...

Protocel (PROH-toh-sel) A liquid that has been promoted as a treatment for a wide range of diseases, including cancer. The ingredients thought to be in Protocel have been tested, and none of them have been shown to be effective in treating any form of cancer. Protocel is not available in the United States.

Definition of Protocel - NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms ...

https://www.cancer.gov › publications › dictionaries › cancer-terms › def › p...

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

Here is a summary of research done to validate protocel. It does not look promising.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK65905/

• nicolerod
    Options

thanks husband. Yea I was extremely skeptical but personally meeting someone that saw results had me intrigued.

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

While it would be foolish to completely dismiss the possibility that it has some action in humans despite the reasonable attempts by the scientific world to test its effectiveness in both the petri dish and mice, it just doesn't seem likely.

• nicolerod
    Options

I got link on FB with reference to starving the Glutamine pathway...the link that person posted was by this guy Dr. Connor and he wrote some books. I downloaded one for free in it he happened to mention PROTCEL...here is what he said...

Remember, when a conventional doctor talks about alternative cancer treatments, they are usually repeating the lies that they have been told. For example, read the NCI Test Summary* for Cancell (sold as Protocel in the US, a powerful, alternative cancer therapy). NCI said Cancell showed 'no biological activity' in the test, 'but Cancell performed amazingly well' against all cancers tested. It should have been front page news but since they couldn't isolate the activity of its success, it was disregarded! It was another, "it works great but since we can't make any money with it we'll slam it".

hrmmm....

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,760
    Options

Oops, meant to post the link here:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/121/topics/866918?page=1#top

Katrnagain92 is a bco member

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

Nicole, I have never heard of Protocel until now. I read about it in various publications after seeing this thread, many of which have been posted by others here, and saw all of the controversy over the product. Exbrnxgrl, thanks for posting that prior thread about Protocel. I don't know what to think at this point. Clearly, there are many reputable sources that believe it has no efficacy and is more or less a fraud but then there are a few testimonials of people who state that it worked for them. We are in such desperate positions having stage 4 cancer, sometimes we are willing to try anything. It would be awful if the makers of protocel and similar drugs are trying to capitalize on that desperation. Does anyone know the price of this stuff?

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

I looked at the ingredients I think they were listed in that cancer.gov link. Inositol is one of the ingredients, it's available as a supplement very reasonably priced. Supposed to be a carbohydrate found in plants, sort of a vitamin....

Here's Protocel available for $251 from a distributor http://yourvitamindepot.bizhosting.com/protocel_50.html

Here’s Inositol on iherb for $9 https://www.iherb.com/pr/Jarrow-Formulas-Inositol-750-mg-100-Veggie-Caps/192

Looks like Inositol is thought to improve liver function, among other things

• ClarkBlue
    ClarkBlue Member Posts: 30
    Options

A very close friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 1 cervical cancer the same time I was diagnosed with breast cancer. After her chemo, radiation and removal of a 5cm tumor, 3 mos later it came back. Stage IV. After another round of chemo, 3 mos later it came back. Spleen, lymph nodes, vaginal wall, etc. Onc team told her to "get her affairs on order" and there would be no further treatment available. Desperate, she applied and got accepted to an immunotherapy trial and went through all the hoops, scans and tests prior to beginning, but in the mean time she started taking Protocel after another friend mentioned it. She was running out of time, and thought what did she have to lose? She got clearance from the trial and began taking it as directed. The immunotherapy trial was then postponed due to a death of one of the trial members. So 4 mos later it resumed and she was called in to get re-scanned. They called her right away to tell her there was no EOD. They couldn't explain it because she experienced recurrences after every treatment and never started the trial. That was 2 years ago and she just got another scan recently and is still cancer free. Her oncology team was shocked and told her, "whatever you're doing, keep doing it". She still goes to follow up appts and checks in with her oncology team for scans.

I wouldnt have believed it myself if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes and watched my friend begin the process of writing "goodbye" letters to her children. We met every week for coffee at her house and cried, laughed, and encouraged each other during our pain. She is young (42 at diagnosis). It worked for her. I'm in no way affiliated with the makers or distributors of Protocel. Just here to share my friends story. That's all I'm going to say.

• nicolerod
    Options

Wow thanks for sharing that!! I am so happy to read this.

• anotherone
    anotherone Member Posts: 545
    Options

thank you so much your posting - the first hand experience are very valuable to me and fortuitously she was not on any conventional treatment to attribute success to and she was stage 4! Should this thread be moved into " open for all to contribute" section?

• phil4texas
    phil4texas Member Posts: 1
    Options

I recommend the book " Outsmart Your Cancer". It has 4 chapters on Protocel with cost and where to buy.Many cases of miraculous cures with this

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,760
    Options

Protocel has thus far not been the miracle that some claim. It just doesn't pass the sniff test IMO. Where is the widespread, research based evidence. All the anecdotes mean little and since it's been around for a long while if it really worked I would hope to see more than anecdotes. Look up Jim's Juice for some historical info on this or follow this link:

https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms/def/jims-juice

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,007
    Options

Since philthetexan just joined bc.org and has only this one post, are the the book’s author?

• scrunchthecat
    scrunchthecat Member Posts: 138
    Options

Remember that people pushing unproved alternative therapies are also in it for the. money, not just "big pharma."