Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Reaching out for help -11 years in - mets on small intestine

Options
2»

Comments

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,695
    Options

Jjzn, I’m so sorry. Did they do a pill camera to find it? When they found it in my stomach, I couldn’t eat either, although I never threw up. I’m back to not being able to eat, but I cannot be sure it’s getting worse in my stomach at this point or if it’s spread.

Maybe if they can’t remove it surgically, they can change your meds again. I see you’ve already had changes.

• Jjzn
    Jjzn Member Posts: 114
    Options

Yes they found it with the camera and biopsy. I just switched medications and have only had one dose so not enough to see if it's working. None of the drugs they have given me have worked. I have lost so much weight and gotten so weak from not being able to eat.

So you never had surgery to remove the cancer? Do you have ascites?

Julie

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,695
    Options

No, I didn’t have surgery or ascites. At this point, even though I’ve lost weight, I still have energy. I’m making the most of it because I know what’s coming next if I don’t find out what’s causing it. I did do one of those pill cameras closer to when I was diagnosed. Maybe it’s time to do another.

I hope you can get the issues taken care of. I’ll be thinking of you.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Jjzn - I'm so sorry they found cancer in a new place. I don't have any info to offer, but I wanted you to know I care. I hope you get a good treatment plan to move forward.

• ninaca
    ninaca Member Posts: 228
    Options

Jjzn- How did they find the small intestine cancer? the only way they found mine, MBC to the ileal, was by exploratory laparoscopic small intestine surgery (they saw a thickening of the wall at the transition from small to large intestine on a CT scan) following a visit to the Emergency room. They didn't know what they would find when they went in because they could not visualize what was happening with the scans. I guess I was lucky, I came out of surgery with no more GI problems (so far), and I was able to eat again!!! I too had mets to the liver. Now to find out where it is? No symptoms just high CA15-3 numbers that go up each week. The choice to change current medication based on Tumor markers, or wait until something shows up on a scan (current scan show everything resolved). I'm sending my medical records to Dr. Ulaner for his FES trial to maybe help answer my questions. Have they said it is Lobular (ILC)?