Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Anyone starting brand drug, Enhertu?

1141516171820»

Comments

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,883

dear kbl,

One of the worst side effects of cancer treatment is the PTSD regarding scans and treatments, the stress is unrelenting, so good for you for standing back and saying I've had enough and let me off this train! Given that all of our treatments are palliative anyway, I hope other more gentle options open up to give you the best QOL going forward…

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

@cure-ious What a great way to put it. I appreciate your wonderful words. Thank you.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Ugh, dealing with Day 9 fatigue - this happened last month where I feel great up to day 8 and then do some exercise but that makes me exhausted for Day 9. And I got my lung CT check date wrong (its tomorrow) because I thought today was the 2nd and not the 1st. Oh well, they got me in but it was exhausting doing the hospital trip. I think its because im tapering the dexamethasone so long to prevent the cliff edge leg pain if I stop abruptly. Let's see how the next week shapes up, its usually when I dont want to eat but I feel ok.

I do have to say that this drug may be doing a real number on me mentally though. Im feeling really down but a lot of that is also to do with immobility and all these other issues. Next week is going to be brutal with five days radiotherapy to my chest tumor to get it to stop bleeding. Im worried about the radiation field, side effects and that they may just make it worse. But needs must I guess. Its also getting darker as fall comes on and whole days raining. I try to do small things here and there to make me feel better but honestly Im really feeling the pull towards the other side more even though Ive got good signs this is working.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

@sondraf I’m so sorry you’re struggling. I will be thinking of you as you go for radiation. I’m sending a big hug your way. 💕

• vajra13
    vajra13 Member Posts: 19

@sondraf i hope you get some relief. best of luck with radiation.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Ive also been working to access more home support services so I have someone contacting me from hospice palliative care next week about PT/OT and pain management and my GP is sending out a community nurse for my covid/flu boosters later in the month - Im also on the radar for both. And I ordered myself a flower subscription to have something pretty to look forward to every two weeks for a few months. Feels good to be proactive in my care and be DOING something rather than waiting around for.. what?

This chest lump has collapsed even further in the last three or four days alone, its really astonishing. If it wasn't bleeding we would have left it. Just hoping for similar improvement in the hip - if it can shrink enough I am hoping cryoablation could be back on the table.