Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Has your treatment been delayed due to COVID-19?

Options
13»

Comments

• kkyoung04
    kkyoung04 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020
    Options

I was supposed to get my port to start chemo on Friday, November 13, 2020. Two days prior, I had my echocardiogram, pre-admission testing and a Covid test. That afternoon, the surgeon called to tell me I had tested positive for Covid. The port was cancelled and the chemo was cancelled. Because of Thanksgiving, I don't see the surgeon until Wednesday, December 2, 2020. Then, he'll reschedule the port and the oncologist will reschedule chemo. I wasn't having any pains, but now I am. The nurse navigator said the delay won't make any difference because breast cancer is slow growing. I hope she's right. On a bright note, I was asymptomatic the whole time I was quarantined.

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600
    edited November 2020
    Options

well crap kk, sorry to hear that. Glad you one of the lucky ones to be asymptomstic. You will need another covid test but your echo should not need repeated. Not sure where you are from but your preadmission testing is usually good for 30 days. Maybe your surgeon can squeeze you in for port placement before the 11th. Sorry for the delay but really glad no covid symptoms. Hang in there

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,003
    edited November 2020
    Options

kkyoung04, we agree with DebAL! So sorry for the delay, but glad you are asymptomatic! Please keep us posted!

• Strong65
    Strong65 Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2020
    Options

After discussing with my oncologist she felt that I wouldn't be at risk any more than an average person seeing as I am just getting herceptin....my immune system is fine.....

I didn't think about how being exposed to someone else (my father) would delay my infusion while I had to quarantine at home away from the clinic.

Scarey times we are in.

• IllinoisNancy
    IllinoisNancy Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2021
    Options

My oncologist had me stop taking my IBrance for two weeks.