Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited July 30
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574

The Lincoln Project is showing a clip of the Kamala Harris Rally in Atlanta with the caption, “Our future POTUS draws the kinds of crowd Donald Trump could only lie about drawing.”

Haha! Love that!

I LOVE Senator Warnock’s quote about Kamala wanting to earn their vote!!! vs Trump who tried to steal it! Truth!

And the cat meme knocking that Republican elephant off the ledge, LOL! As a cat person, I think it’s perfection!

• illinoislady

game, set, and match.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Pete.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

If I said "eat your heart out" I bet all of you would know exactly who I was talking about.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Long day and I've filled this up with memes all day anyway. VP Harris really has it going on — and I just read she definitely stole the Reps/Trump trying to put the border mess on us, right back on them. Wonderful push back and I think since she has just about everyone's attention right now — the more push back on what the other side is saying and doing the better. And who better with a prosecutor's outlook on things that are VERY wrong. Give the other side their load right back in spades. Give it back to the people it belongs too.

People are paying attention — lots of it. I think for now the Reps. still don't quite know what to do. How to make her wrong, incompetent etc. It will come at some point, but I'm thinking and hoping that it will be too late to do all that much damage.

Perhaps, while scaring a bunch of us A LOT, getting something of a fairly late start out of the gate might be just what was needed for the momentum to keep the worst dirt from having a deeply serious impact.

Tomorrow's news about Atlanta and tonight should be delicious and delightful with our morning coffee.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
    edited July 31
  • divinemrsm
    edited July 31
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm

I read up some this morning on Kamala’s Atlanta rally. It sounds energizing. I thought her pick for VP would be announced at the DNC but one article says:

• Harris is expected back in Georgia next week, and will debut her running mate on a seven-stop swing state tour, according to details confirmed by her campaign. Politico reported Harris will hold the first rally in Philadelphia on Tuesday. Harris said she as of today has not yet picked the candidate yet.

So it sounds like we will learn soon who will get the nod. I’m both nervous and looking forward to the announcement.

I was also glad to read the following comments; it shows Kamala’s campaign is on top of things.

• Dan Kanninen, the campaign's battleground states director said that although the Harris campaign has achieved an impressive fundraising haul in a short amount of time, they are not getting "comfortable.""I continue to be very clear with our partners and with our own staff. This campaign will not get comfortable. We jumped in with just 100 days ago against an opponent who has shown he's willing to do anything to win," said Kannien. "This is going to be an incredibly close race just like it was in 2020. But just like four years ago, we are going to win this thing."

• divinemrsm
  • illinoislady

Never forget that the purpose for which we live is the improvement of ourselves, so that we may go out of this world having, in our great sphere or our small one, done some little good for our fellow creatures and labored a little to diminish the sin and sorrow that are in the world.

William E. Gladstone

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
    edited July 31
  • mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

Looks like Harris may pick PA Gov Josh Shapiro because first stop with VP pick will be in Philly and Wall Street donors were encouraged to contribute $ soon to meet deadline because of a law prohibiting Governors to raise money???
    Of course I can’t find the article that said that, but it was on Axios.

• divinemrsm
    edited July 31

Interesting, Maverick. I am on the fence about Shapiro now after reading an article detailing why he may not be the best choice for VP.We shall see.

Today, the United Auto Workers endorsed Harris. I looked for an article that listed the unions so far who’ve endorse her but didn’t see one.

Which brings me to the story of the Teamsters union president.

Biden’s American Rescue Plan, which no Republicans voted for, has rescued over one million pension plans, including 500,000 members of the Teamsters union. Yet the Teamster union president (Obrien) spoke at the RNC. He didn’t endorse Trump, but said “Today, the Teamsters are here to say we are not beholden to anyone or any party," O'Brien said. "We will create an agenda and work with a bipartisan coalition, ready to accomplish something real for the American worker.” How does such a powerful man not see that Republicans do not engage in bipartisanship??!!

He made other highly questionable remarks: praising Sen. Josh Hawley during his speech for his support of railroad workers and has also praised Vance for his stances on various labor issues.“JD Vance, the short time that we’ve worked together, he’s been great on Teamster issues,” O’Brien told Fox News earlier this month.

Like, was Obrien paid to speak? That f—k-r sounds like a Trumper to me!

It’s possible the Teamsters union will not endorse either candidate. This was before Harris became the nominee, so I want to see what happens here. But what a crock of sh-t!

Vice President at large of the Teamster union said he will challenge Obrien’s leadership.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505