Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263

I had the same thought about the VP pick. I likely read the same article you did Divine. So, I am back to Kelly or Buttigieg. I really like Shapiro though as much as the others. As far as the Teamsters and what was said, is sounds to me like Rep. noise as well. If not, then fence straddling and excuse me, but I think the choice should be as clear as day. Something is up or as they say rotten in Denmark.

Heard and read Trump being interviewed by the Assn. of Black Journalists was a disaster. He did not win friends and influence people unless it was against him. How demeaning he was. Well, we can just hope he keeps doing and saying that stupid stuff. I had no idea (but then I'm sure she didn't) Harris ever identified as Indian. I've always known her as black. Must have her mixed up with someone else. Anyway the whole thing was downhill. Just amazing.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

Woohoo, looks like both Evan and Paul will be released from Russia soon in a prisoner swap being initiated now!

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574

Adding one more thought about the Teamsters Union President Sean Obrien speaking at the Republican National Convention and making favorable comments about Trump, Vance and Hawley. Since this was prior to Biden stepping down and Harris getting the nod as Dem candidate, it appears to me that Obrien was thinking Trump’s reelection was a fargone conclusion, so Obrien was in the process of jockeying for a position in Trump’s administration. Why else be such a backstabber to President Biden?

On to Trump fiasco at the NABJ. Early yesterday, I saw someone mention it on social media, looked at numerous comments about it, then read a couple articles on it, yet I still audibly gasped when dh and I watched the video and heard the offensive words come out of Trump’s mouth. One of the journalists, Rachel Scott, is being commended for asking some hard questions the way a journalist should.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
    edited August 1
  • illinoislady

Pessimists see only the dark side of the clouds and mope; philosophers see both sides and shrug; optimists don't see the clouds at all —- they are walking on them.

Leonard Lewis Levinson

• illinoislady

I couldn't agree more Divine. I think Trump hopes to paint VP Harris as something of an in-sincere liar who won't even be honest about her heritage. I think Trump is giving some cement to his hard-core people, but I'm thinking that Kamala Harris has such momentum and those Reps. that do have working brain cells will look on this as they have been looking on Trump for some time. A totally incompetent liar and a con who is bent on destruction.

At some point I do expect the other side may find something to ding Kamala with but then as mentioned before I'm hopeful we will be far enough along by then that it will have a lot less effect.

I have read already today that in four of the swing states Harris is now fine (neck and neck or more than Trump) so she is continuing to gain. Trump, I think lost any hope of any black vote after his fiasco. Most have likely read here his time at NABJ only lasted about 34 mins. Trump's campaign pulled him out before he did any more damage to himself. Then he went onto a rally in PA where he continued his fairly deranged line of discussion.

I am imagining that the convention we have will have a lot of excitement and will get the attention and viewership that the Reps. missed. Everything so far that has taken place has created as boost for VP Harris.

No idea what Trump's people are telling him, but if he watches much news, he has to be seeing that despite what he is spoon-fed, VP Harris is still getting all the fanfare and very little criticism.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited August 1

and he turned orange when he use to be white.

• illinoislady
    edited August 1
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

At least your stupid base will.

• illinoislady

Because he's Indian, you idiot.

• illinoislady