Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Skin Mets?

Options

A few months ago I noticed several flesh colored bumps, almost blister like, on my cancer side. This evening when I undressed i noticed that they have all turned red. I am attaching a pic, hope thats ok. Can anyone that has experienced mets to skin describe their experience? The sudden color change has me very scared.

(Edited by Mods to remove photo. Posting pictures of symptoms is prohibited per our Community Rules. Thank you for understanding!)

Comments

• Lulabelle2020
    Lulabelle2020 Member Posts: 22
    Options

I have Skin mets and can’t say whether yours are or aren’t as there can be a lot of reasons for a skin flare that looks alike.

However the best advice I can give you (you may have already done this) is get to see your oncologist as soon as possible not a nurse or a student which happened to me. I could have been a local reoccurrence as skin mets on scar is super treatable if people had taken me seriously I was told my skin mets was a rash and to put cream on it by a student and a breast care nurse. Unfortunately I ended up with left lymph involvement and that’s a progression.

I’m not saying this to scare you I just feel if I can help one person get an early diagnosis or a full all clear then that’s the outdoors of this. as I say it could be a rash but make sure your oncologist does a biopsy as rashes and mets look the same unless the mets are advanced. I’m really hoping you report back that it’s been biopsied and is just a rash as that is most people’s outcomes skin mets are reasonably uncommon.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    Options

Thank you Lulabell for responding! I know that its not a rash because I already had these spots, they were previously flesh colored.

I am calling my MO Monday. I do have an appt with my primary Monday morning, I think I will let him see it too.

Thanks again for answering. Sometimes this stuff feels really lonely.

• Lulabelle2020
    Options

I hear you on that I haven’t met another skin mets that isn’t a local reoccurrence (which is great odds for you). I can’t remember how mine started just that they were there for a very long time before my left lymph came up like maybe a year. I also know if it had been taken seriously I’d have finished treatment by now.

Make sure they do more than look or mammogram it and feel free to PM me when you know more

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,077
    Options

Tang&Chris - I would always call my dermatologist for any skin issues. But I've been going to her for 25 years and trust her implicitely.

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 955
    Options

Tangandchris, I have no deep words of wisdom to share with you, but I wanted to chime in and let you know I'm concerned for you and following your thread here. You and I were diagnosed within a couple of years of each other, with the same severity of cancer and same chemo cocktail, and we've been hanging around these boards a long time.

Please don't be foisted off with a "let's wait and see" response from anyone; I think a biopsy of one of these lesions is a very reasonable, prudent approach.

• tangandchris
    Options

Thanks again for the replies. ❤❤

I hadn't realized the pic I posted was removed. But in any event the redness has gone down but the "bubbles" are still there. I don't know if that means anything.

It makes me think I'm blowing this out proportion, this is the crazy making part of this diagnosis.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,747
    Options

Hi,

I concur that a visit to a dermatologist is in order. And, yes, pics of breasts and symptoms have always been prohibited on bco.

• Lulabelle2020
    Options

In fairness the biopsy is the absolute best way to know what it was and yes your dermatologist or oncologist. As you say it found just be a skin condition but I agree with the voices on this thread once you’ve been diagnosed it’s always better to be over cautious than under as no harm is done by checking.

• tangandchris
    Options

Thanks for your responses. The soonest I can get into dermatology is 9/21. MO wants me to see my BS. I sent him a pic and said I should see BS. I'm waiting for a call back on that.

The waiting begins.....
  • Lulabelle2020
    Options

I’m glad he’s getting it checked out for you. From what I have read and been told dermatologists can be a bit hit and miss Also they will refer to an oncologist so seeing him will be quicker. Let’s hope it’s just a heat rash or something hormonal... keep us posted

• KBeee
    KBeee Member Posts: 695
    Options

If it was cancer, it likely would not get better, worse, better, etc... it would continue to worsen. That being said, you definitely want answers. Hoping you get a solution!

• tangandchris
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I am overwhelmed somewhat today with health issues. I've been sick for about a week with stomach issues. Now there is a question of lung nodules that were seen on a CT scan of my abdomen.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,077
    Options

Oh T&C, I am soooo sorry. My lung nodules shrank w/no treatment so they are just monitoring every 2 years. Hope yours might do the same. I know it's hard do focus when your stomach is upset.

• steelersluver
    steelersluver Member Posts: 2
    Options

Jumping onto this thread rather than starting a new one. I had a post surgical appointment with my PS today after an implant exchange earlier this summer. She noticed a new area of "hypopigmented scaly lesion" on the breast (which was previously removed in a skin-sparing MX due to the initial cancer). I'm 8 years out now from initial diagnosis. My last MO appointment was cancelled in August because she got COVID. My original breast surgeon left the city. When I left, she (PS) said she would call me in a day or two with information after she discussed it. Before I got home, I was called by a new breast surgeon for a Thursday morning appointment. It's helpful to see skin mets are unusual. Can anyone tell me what to expect and what questions I should ask? Is a biopsy usually done right away while in the office?

Thanks much!

• Cinderella57
    Cinderella57 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I had one skin met. Sort of tan with indent in middle. Never turned red. 15 years ago. Back to testing again. Had MRI last week. Its not normal but havent talked to onco yet. Scared beyond belief.