Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

No pCR and still alive and living happy lives

Options
13»

Comments

• mamacure
    mamacure Member Posts: 256
    Options

Dear dnazyme,

I feels you. I did not get the golden ticket of pcr. I had neoadjuvant chemo (taxol, Carbo, AC) plus keytruda, radiation and xeloda. I had a very good surgeon and believe she got all of it out. 5/8 nodes still had cancer cells. I was beyond shocked. I believe my wonderful radiology team zapped away any remainder if any. I hated my path report. I even googled who did my pathology, it was someone very experienced & senior. Cancer cells are hiding everywhere. It’s like a constant dark cloud over you. I was depressed. Time is your friend. It has been one year since my surgery. I have therapy via telephone. Any of us can die at any moment of anything. I try to enjoy life, pray & believe that I am well. I wish you peace and healing. Also to prevent reoccurrence, I excercise, drink green tea, veggies, take turkey tail supplement & Prothrivers Wellness flavonoid. As recommended by my integrative oncologist. I’ve been worried about a back pain, it has gotten somewhat better. Hang in there you are not alone!

• nume
    nume Member Posts: 81
    Options

Hi all (dnazyme, tagety, kayrem, norcals, mamacure, specialk, wrenn hope I didn`t forget anybody in spite of chemobrain) Heart

probably I shouldn`t post on this topic but I hope I can find you here.

Had a tough time during last month with neutropenic fever and recently Neulasta but happy I have just 2 more infusions to go. Hope you are all fine, wish you a Happy Christmas and a Happy new year, way better than the past year! And thank you all for being here for me when I needed you most Hug

XO

• norcals
    norcals Member Posts: 206
    Options

Hi Nume.

I had neutropenic fever during Taxol as well. It’s pretty frightening and I’m sure it’s worse now with the emergency rooms overloaded with people. I hope you’re doing better now. You’re almost done with the infusions - yay!

I hope you and the rest of the gang have a better 2023. Hugs

• mamacure
    mamacure Member Posts: 256
    Options

Hope you are done soon Nume! Happy Holidays

• tagety
    tagety Member Posts: 15
    Options

Hi nume. Hope u are feeling better. I had neutropenia twice. Once on AC and the second time on taxol.

All the best!

• nume
    nume Member Posts: 81
    Options

Norcals, MamacureHeart

Tagety Thank you so much for coming to check on me. How are you? Did you finish all treatments? Are you still taking Oliparib? How is it?

I just came back from the hospital with two remaining drains. I had a clear PET before the surgery, the first good news after 7 months, and 10 days to really relax. On 28th of February, last tuesday, I had double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction, total left lymphadenectomy. Stayed 6 days in the hospital to decrease the hydrocortisone(hypophisitis secondary to immunotherapy). I should rest now until the pathological report is back... but I can`t. I`m waiting for the next step... As if it would be impossible for the nightmare to end even for a short while... The fact that the surgeon decided to have all lymph nodes taken out gives me a bad vibe...

XO

• tagety
    tagety Member Posts: 15
    Options

Another 7 months of olaparib to go.

I am so happy for you about the clear scan.

Take it one day at a time. Please focus on recovering from the surgery. It took me 3 weeks to have tolerable pain.

I don't interpret anything on the Lymph node removal. Some surgeons, like my SO, prefer ALND, some don't. But yes, ALND has a few risks.

Thats all for later. Please focus on feeling better from the surgery first.

All the best!