Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

High number of positive lymph nodes

Options
2»

Comments

• victoriasecret
    victoriasecret Member Posts: 37
    Options

Look at my stats 12 years out !

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    Options

great news! 12 yrs !!

• ausykaren
    ausykaren Member Posts: 61
    Options

Fantastic news 7of9. I still think about this crap everyday. My best friend has just been diagnosed with motor neurone disease. Never thought I’d say it but I think it is worse than cancer. No treatment at all. So sad.

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    Options

hey Ausie...I'm not 12 yrs out ...yet. Only 9!:) I was complimenting Victoria further up but lets keep cheering each other on.

I'm not familiar with motor nueron disease, doesn't sound good. My latest old age post bc ailments include eye drops for high eye pressure, to prevent/ stop/watch early glaucoma...and too many desserts and fried food during covid, high cholesterol. My BMI is still under 21 so good reminder that heart diseasestill mo 1 killer. I have a few months to get it down before they start me on something. Honestly I feel in great shape so I shouldn't complain. My son was 2 when diagnosed...he just turned 12. Take that cancer!!!

• ausykaren
    Options

Hang in there 7of9, you’re doing well. I have high cholesterol too but am not sure why. I’m pretty much vegetarian these days and hardly touch sweets or fried food. I’ve been given three months to get in down. My youngest has also just turned 12. He was 7 when I was diagnosed. Take care 😊

• Emily21
    Emily21 Member Posts: 67
    Options

It's great to hear such positive stories, I had 3 positive nodes, and an oncotype score of 51, IDC. I am on Anastrozole now and am absolutely terrified. The oncotype score was a bolt of lightning, no one was expecting it. I take great courage knowing that others with extensive node involvement are thriving. Can u ask are you all still on aromatase inhibitors 10yrs out?

• ruthato
    ruthato Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi all - Long term survivor here. I had 17 cancerous nodes out of the 20 they took out.One had migrated to the chest wall and they took it out but did not get clear margins. Grade III, triple negative. That was November 1999. Mastectomy, 6 rounds of chemo (cyclophosphamide, epirubicin and 5-FU) and radiation. No other meds since I am estrogen negative. I was pretty much resigned to not making it but I'm still here.

• mswife
    mswife Member Posts: 66
    Options

@RuthATO - unbelievable! What a great story.

Thanks everyone for your positive stories

• faith71
    faith71 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi everyone, hope all is well. I had 20 positive nodes out of 24 and that was around 6 years ago this time.

It is indeed a lot to take in for those recently diagnosed but look at it from the stand point that the nodes caught the cancer, if they hadn't who knows?

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 210
    Options

Hi AB45-

I received a port before I started chemo. It was an outpatient procedure and it was literally less than 30 minutes. I went in, fell asleep, woke up with a port in my chest. Minimal pain involved. Had mine on a Friday and was at work on Monday doing great. I can't imagine having to have my chemo in my veins. My veins are small and not always cooperative so the port was a good thing for me. Not everyone gets one, as Moth stated, but I was glad I did.

• ausykaren
    Options

My friend had a 2cm lump in her breast and 7 positive lymph nodes. She is now ten and a half years out and went off her aromatase inhibitor at ten years.

• mia.koko
    mia.koko Member Posts: 4
    Options

I had 33 positive nodes out of 42 . Wow ,I know … I was about to faint when I saw my pathological report.

That was in May 2022 Stage 3A grade 2 hormone positive HER2-