Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TNBC metastasized to skin

Options
13»

Comments

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited November 2020
    Options

If Claritin is helping put some OTC cortisone or benadryl cream on it. Also, breasts are great places for getting fungal (aka athletes foot) infections, especially underneath and in the crease, because they stay damp annd warm

• HappyAnyway
    HappyAnyway Member Posts: 380
    edited November 2020
    Options

Eigna, MountainMia nailed it. Some of the meds that I use on our family when one of us has a rash are:

Oral antihistamine

Hydrocortisone cream

Antibacterial ointment

Benadryl cream

Aveeno oatmeal bath

I usually only use a couple/few of those at a time. Most months we're on an oral antihistamine. Oatmeal baths are soothing.

I follow the two week rule, too.

Skin mets are rare. Odds are you don't have them.

My stress relief comes from:

Prayer. Know that's not for everyone and not pushing my beliefs. I respect everyone's beliefs or lack thereof.

One of my favorite things to do is drive around with my windows down and my music cranked way up.

Playing games with my family.

Binge watching TV.

Cleaning. Not exactly fun but necessary, productive and a release of energy.

Puzzles

Used to go to the gym.

I live in a beautiful area with lots of state parks. Try to visit one of those at least once a month.

Plan on learning mindfulness and meditation. Want to try acupuncture, massage and physical therapy.

More info on my skin involvement. As MountainMia quoted, it started with what I thought was cystic acne. It began to spread rapidly. Dang TNBC. Although I had a mastectomy, much of my breast hurts. Feels like bee stings, burns and itches. As the lessions mature, they scab over.

Best to you, Eigna. Positive thoughts and happy vibes heading your way.

• HappyAnyway
    edited November 2020
    Options

MountainMia, thanks for having my back. Feel free to post on my behalf anytime. Love you, sweet lady.

I received my pre-registration call. Negative for covid, which I expected, but nice to hear. Just got off the phone from a member of my anesthesiologist's team. Awaiting a call confirming my insurance.

Dh and I voted this morning. We were in and out. Please vote if you have the ability. I'm not pushing a political agenda. I respect everyone's political beliefs. My pet peeve is people who don't vote that complain about the outcome. If you don't want to be heard by voting, I don't want to hear you complain about it.

• norcals
    norcals Member Posts: 206
    edited November 2020
    Options

Good luck Happyanyway on your surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery

• HappyAnyway
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thank you, NorCalS. Me too. (◠‿・)

Got the final call from pre-registration. I'm all set!

• Eigna
    Eigna Member Posts: 256
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Wishing Happy anyway good luck with hersurgery!

I was able to speak to BS (telemedicine) she reassured me that it is highly unlikely skin Mets. She referred me to a dermatologist. Waiting for the appointment...hopefully it won’t be too long. Meanwhile she prescribed cortisone cream to relieve itchiness when needed. I will keep you posted.

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    edited November 2020
    Options

HA I am sending you a lot of love today. I hope your surgeon's hand is sure and that your recovery is smooth. xoxo SB

• HappyAnyway
    edited November 2020
    Options

My PS just left. He said it looked as though everything was confined to the skin, tissue expander and alloderm! Chemo and radiation to follow. The skin flap looks great! Being flat isn't as weird as I thought it would be.

Thanks for caring everyone! Love to all.

• buttonsmachine
    buttonsmachine Member Posts: 339
    edited November 2020
    Options

That's great news! 😊 I hope you have a very restful recovery.

• mightlybird01
    mightlybird01 Member Posts: 161
    edited November 2020
    Options

HappyAnyway so great to her the good news! This bugger will be gone for good now! I am half flat and have absolutely no problem with it. Would even go as far as saying I really like my body as it is. If you liked your body before being flat, you will like it after, I am sure.

Sending lots of good healing vibes.

• HappyAnyway
    edited November 2020
    Options

Quick update. I came home yesterday. Feeling well with the exception of the occasional twinge of pain.

Those who have shared and supported me. Thank you. I will pay it forward.

That's all for now. Friends don't let friends post while alternating pain meds and muscle relaxers.

• helenlouise
    helenlouise Member Posts: 363
    edited November 2020
    Options

glad all went well happy. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• HappyAnyway
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thank you, helenlouise.

I'm going to try to cut back on my pain med today. I feel like I still need my muscle relaxer. I don't like the way my meds influence my personality.

As the holidays approach, I have a wonderful gift idea for the nurse who chose the medical tape that I was sent home with. May she receive a Brazilian wax and experience the sensation of every hair being ripped from her body.

• helenlouise
    helenlouise Member Posts: 363
    edited November 2020
    Options

:)

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,090
    edited November 2020
    Options

Absolutely LOVE it. Made my day when I saw your post yesterday and it's just as funny today.

>>>May she receive a Brazilian wax and experience the sensation of every hair being ripped from her body.

Seriously - for tape problems you should ask for "Medipore". which most hospitals have, or Hypafix, which only select places have. Those two tapes are the only ones that don't cause my skin to either be ripped off or worn down. I now carry my own tape around with me when I go to the doctors.

• HappyAnyway
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thanks MinusTwo. I added Medipore to my Amazon cart.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,090
    edited November 2020
    Options

Happy: I bumped this thread about tape. It's not very active but has lots of good tips to protect your skin. My infusion center had a great 'solution' they wiped on before they even put down the tape. W/O reading the thread, my memory says it was Applicare - small individual packs.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/91/topics...

• HappyAnyway
    edited November 2020
    Options

I'll check it out. I appreciate you.

• HappyAnyway
    edited November 2020
    Options

I had my drains removed earlier this week. Recovery is coming right along. Done with pain pills, still on muscle relaxers. The lat flap is a trip. Looks funky, for sure. Not bad with clothes on. My PS said this was a necessary procedure to cover the wound, not cosmetic. The lesions dotted a 10 cm area of skin.

I saw my MO today. No real surprises. Now stage 3C. Halaven infusions will begin in two weeks pending insurance approval. He suggested I have radiation halfway through Halaven. So three months of Halaven, radiation, then finish the final three months.

My NP said hair loss likely won't be as dramatic as it was with the red devil. Trying to decide when to get the mohawk. I'll update my profile pic after my haircut. Cancer sucks (enormous understatement). I'm going with the mohawk for fun. I can't control the outcome of my treatments. I can control my appearance and attitude. Anyone want to join me with a mohawk? 😉

I may join the December chemo thread. Not sure if I will since this is my second time around. Don't really know where I belong.

Thanks for the support during the whirlwind. I'm finding my footing again.

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    edited November 2020
    Options

Good to hear from you! I am sorry you have more treatment in store. Maybe you can pick up some high dose C IVs. I always looked forward to the hydration aspect since chemo takes it out of you. lots of love SB

• HappyAnyway
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi Santabarbarian! My MO said no to vitamin C infusions. I hear it works wonders for some people. My sister works for a doctor that administers it. She's personally seen it work. I just don't know what to do. I'll think about it more once I've recovered from surgery. Love you, too.

• Lulabelle2020
    Lulabelle2020 Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2020
    Options

so glad to see everything is going well 😊 my last response got eaten by the internet 🙈 I haven’t been online much giving myself a good break from cancerland and enjoying my good scan results until my next I e at the beginning of December sometimes you just need to live outside of the bubble!! I’ve heard brilliant things about Hav and it’s on my shopping list of treatments it’s supposed to be reasonably gentle to you in chemo terms which is good!!I’ll check in again at some point too

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    edited December 2020
    Options

Check out our new content on recently-approved Keytruda (chemical name: pembrolizumab). Keytruda is used in combination with chemotherapy to treat unresectable locally advanced or metastatic triple-negative, PD-L1-positive breast cancer.

Read all about Keytruda.