Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Invasive ductal carcinoma

Options
2»

Comments

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited January 2021
    Options

Mcodoluto - Welcome to the board!

There is a subforum dedicated to hormonal therapy. Here is the forum: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/78

There is also an entire long thread about letrozole/Femara. I would suggest having a read through the past several months' posts as that will give you an idea of most experiences. Do consider that there's a bit of bias sometimes on the forums - those without problems or side effects tend not to post :) I've been on letrozole for just over a month and haven't noticed much aside from the occasional hot flash and a bit more tendency to leg cramp (for which I'm now taking a bit more magnesium). https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/78/topics...

Also consider joining the monthly radiation threads! You'll get to connect with people going through radiation treatments at the same time as you and you can commiserate and share tips.

best wishes

• quinnie
    quinnie Member Posts: 113
    edited January 2021
    Options

Mcodoluto: I've been on Letrozole for about 6 months and the only SE I have right now is hot flashes. They were really bad and now they have toned down a little so I can tolerate them. I had some joint pain but that is gone, We have very similiar diagnosis and treatment. I am 9 months out and doing great. Good Luck to you

• hray1993
    hray1993 Member Posts: 220
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi! I’m 27 now but was diagnosed with IDC stage 2 grade 3 triple negative breast cancer at 26 years old. My cancer journey was last year and I’m not going to lie, it was extremely aggressive and I paid close attention to my body and noticed it not responding to chemo halfway through but we changed chemo when that happened and it ended up knocking it out finally. I had a lumpectomy and radiation and February 3rd I’ll be 6 months cancer free. If you need to talk feel free to message me! My lymph nodes were also clear.

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301
    edited January 2021
    Options

Sadie if you haven't started your own thread yet please consider it - you will get specific feedback related to your questions and concerns... Welcome! Best with path results....(and the waiting for those...)

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 185
    edited January 2021
    Options

hello sweetie i found my lump in shower it hard my fiance and i were planning our 2nd marriages. Was nervous scared and had my cries asked Why Me then with fiance family friends and my faith i decided to fight with Hope and Positive thoughts. For Inspiration i am this yr a 27 yr Survivor Praise God. msphil idc stage2 0/3 nodes 3mo chemo before and after Lmast with reconstruction but my body rejected the expander implant as foreign body got fever 103 rushed to emergency and it was removed. Then we got married then 7wks rads and 5 yrs on Tamoxifen. This yr our 27th Anniversary. Positive thoughts and Lots Hope.

• Faith-Strength-Hope-in21
    Faith-Strength-Hope-in21 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021
    Options

So inspiring! Thank you for sharing! I started the chemo back in early Feb, and will be having my 11th weekly infusion tomorrow. I'm still researching the reconstruction piece, but leaning toward autologous flap procedure.