Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

RSClin oncotype scores

everetta
everetta Member Posts: 27
edited May 2021 in Stage I Breast Cancer

I have heard there is a new way of looking at the oncotype score that is a tool that takes into account your clinical features and gives an even more accurate predictive and diagnostic score. Does anyone know how you can find your RCSlin? I have a one centimeter ILC, node negative, grade 2 tumor and was 68 at diagnosis. I had a 31 oncotype but wonder what my RCSlin be?

Comments

• speedlady
      speedlady Member Posts: 4
      edited March 2021

We are in a similar situation. I am 73, 1.1 cm, node negative, grade 1, oncotype 27. My oncologist said she couldn't recommend chemo either yes or no, it is up to me. I am saying no. I don't have that much life left and an additional 3% is not significant enough to ruin 2 years of my life.

My oncologist showed me the RCSlin program during our consult. I didn't find it to be very useful.

• moth
      moth Member Posts: 3,293
      edited March 2021

OP, your oncologist should how you the calculation. It's a calculator on a site that requires instititutional access.

• beesie.is.out-of-office
      beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
      edited March 2021

speedlady, with the Oncotype 27, what did the report say your recurrence risk would be if you did endocrine therapy alone (i.e. no chemo). And after running the RSClin model, did this recurrence risk figure come down? I would think it would, given your age, your relatively small tumor and with the cancer being grade 1. All 3 factors are more favorable than the averages used to determine the Oncotype recurrence risk estimates.

• speedlady
      speedlady Member Posts: 4
      edited April 2021

Beesie, my recurrence risk with AI and radiation is 6%. Add chemo and it drops to 3%. To me it wasn't worth the extra 3% to go through chemo, especially at my age. If I were 20 years younger I'd do it. I can live with 94% chance of no recurrence. Thanks!

• thecargirl
      thecargirl Member Posts: 66
      edited April 2021

Bessie, do you think there is a big difference between RSCP and the RSClin model results . You enter the same information, it would be interesting to see the comparison. The RSCP really dropped my recurrence risk.

Thanks,

Susan

Lt Lumpectomy 9/16,

7mm pure mucinous, Stage 1, Grade 1, ER 95% PR 95%, HER-

edited April 2021

Susan, to my understanding RSClin would be considered an updated and refined version of the RSPC model. I don't know for sure but I suspect the results would be pretty similar.

RSClin was "derived from a larger and more contemporaneously treated cohort than that used for the development of RSPC" and adds an "estimation of incremental absolute chemotherapy benet not previously provided by RSPC".

Development and Validation of a Tool Integratingthe 21-Gene Recurrence Score andClinical-Pathological Features to Individualize Prognosis and Prediction of Chemotherapy Benefit in Early Breast Cancer

• thecargirl
      edited April 2021

Thank-you Bessie!

Susan

• thecargirl
      edited April 2021

Just a little update on my scores, my initial RS was 32 with a 10 year risk of DR of 22%. The Magee Equations recurrence score results were from 11.12 to 15.85 based solely on my pathology report, not the Oncotype RS. The RSCP resulted in a 10 year DR of 6%: the RSClin resulted in a 10 year DR of 7% , with a 4% absolute chemotherapy benefit. My MO feels there is little difference between the RSCP and the RSClin. Mucinous is a rare breast cancer, due to the small numbers in most of the studies, mucinous does not have a great representation in the conclusions.

Lt Lumpectomy 9/16, 7mm pure mucinous, Grade 1, Stage 1, HER-2 neg, ER-95% strong, PR-95% strong

Radiation, 2 years Arimidex

edited April 2021

thecargirl, that's great info!

I'm glad to see that the RSPC and RSClin models came out with similar results. Not many MOs even knew about the RSPC model but RSClin has more research behind it and I think will end up being used more. That would be good. The reliance on Oncotype scores alone, without consideration to the pathology of the cancer, never made sense to me. Your 32 score, with a 7mm grade 1 tumor, logically would not present the same recurrence risk as a 32 score with a 3cm grade 3 tumor. The RSClin model doesn't ignore the Oncotype score - your risk, with a 32 score, will be higher than the risk of someone with an identical cancer who has a 10 score - but it builds in differences for tumor size, grade, and patient age. Yay! to progress!

• pokemom1959
      pokemom1959 Member Posts: 67
      edited May 2021

Beesie - Do you know if there is anywhere online that we as laypeople have access to a RSClin calculator?

edited May 2021

Pokemom, it is made available by Genomic Health only to MOs.

From your other post, it sounds as though your MO ran the RSClin model on your Oncotype score.