Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

ADH and

Options
Lotusconnie
Lotusconnie Member Posts: 2
edited March 2021 in Just Diagnosed

Hi everyone. I am so sorry to bother you but I sincerely hope to get your input on this -

Due to some reasons I would like to have an IUD placed. I have fairly widespread ADH by two breast biopsies and having breast MRI alternating with mammogram every 6 months for the past a number of years.

I hope to know your input which IUD to choose if available? Mirena and Skyla release a type of progestin daily while in the uterus. Mirena more than Skyla. Paragard does not contain hormone but it will cause more cramps and heavy menstrual periods. I am already slightly anemic due to heavy periods. So I am leaning towards the prior two. Skyla if possible.

However, after reading some topics I feel I will just go ahead to do paragard which does not have any hormones.

My oncologist did answer that breast cancer patients, after treatment, can be put on Mirena, since the systemic absorption is considered low.

A number of studies published on Pubmed did report conflicted data. Several review articles reported Mirena IUD did increase risks of breast cancer, like the risk is between 1.2-1.5 folds of increased risk.

I would like to know your input on this. Thanks so much!

Best regards and wishes to everyone!

Connie