Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo April 2021

Options

Comments

• emotionalpond
    emotionalpond Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hello all

I had my last chemo yesterday!

Super happy!

• mamacure
    mamacure Member Posts: 256
    Options

Congrats Emotionalpond!!!!! Woop woop you did It! I heard 2 bells today & I smile & clap to myself each time. Very happy for you

• DH320
    DH320 Member Posts: 21
    Options

congratulations emotionalpond. Glad you are done. Very happy

• pchyen
    pchyen Member Posts: 96
    Options

Congrats emotionalpond!!

• HopeHeal
    HopeHeal Member Posts: 137
    Options

So happy for you Emotional Pond! Nice photo and enjoy your healing.

• HopeHeal
    Options

Mamacure, FYI I take the cal/mags with Vitamin K2 to ensure it gets to my bloodstream and not build up in the arteries. Also prefer chelated formulas to prevent constipation. Good luck with the AC! The Neulasta for me was a breeze.

• NatureYogi
    NatureYogi Member Posts: 135
    Options

Congrats Emotional Pond! I'm in the March group, I have one DD Taxol left next week and I'll be done.

I found watermelon to be very satisfying, sometimes pineapple. Apples, blah

Take care everyone, we will get through this!

• Carpe-Diem
    Carpe-Diem Member Posts: 31
    Options

EMOTIONAL POND - Congratulations! We made it.

Nature Yogi - You are almost there! Hang in there. And watermelon is good for you.

• mamacure
    Options

Thanks HopeHeal! I woke up with a severe stomach upper middle pain last night. It might be gas but not sure. Anyone experience this after Taxol or Neulesta shot?? I have a message out to my Onc and waiting....

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

Hug TODAY: Zoom virtual meet-up for people going through chemotherapy (caregivers welcome)

Tuesdays 1:00-2:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

• Emily21
    Emily21 Member Posts: 67
    Options

Congratulations Jen, I finished Chemo in April, Rads in May, and I'm now enjoying moving passed all the grief. You will be fine. 🍀

• hahlyn
    hahlyn Member Posts: 128
    Options

Hello All

Well I finished my last TC treatment today at 1:30pm. Different this time from my last cancer no last treatment photo no bell to ring nothing. My nurse didn't even know it was last treatment. I felt different this time but in a good way I did the picture an all that before so maybe a different outcome this time or at least thats what I'm praying for. I am concerned because I"m triple negative and that there is no other treatment for me no pills nothing. So I'm afraid to be without anything if that makes sense. Anywho I'm glad this over now on to the side effects. Hopefully i can start to get some stamina back because I have very little energy.

Congrats to all who have finished treatment and to those on their way.

Enjoy your weekend praying for minimal to no side effects for us all.

Hahlyn

• DH320
    Options

congratulations Hahlyn on finishing treatment

I still have three more rounds to go

Dori

• hahlyn
    Options

Thanks DH320

Hopefully it goes by fast with minimal side effects and you can get on the other side of the beast.

Hahlyn

• HopeHeal
    Options

Hahlyn, that's exciting that you completed chemo, congrats! I am also triple neg so nothing to do but try to make my immune system strong. I know the feeling of feeling safer while on chemo, like a big brother watching over. I heard of a treatment some clinics are doing administering testosterone blocker drugs normally used to treat prostrate cancer, as triple negative tumors have been shown to respond to testosterone. My clinic is not using that though.

• hahlyn
    Options

HopeHeal

It's unfortunate for us. My doctor just said we will formulate a plan for watching you. Whatever that means😳 just praying for the best. Glad to be done, now dealing with the dreaded side effects.

Hahlyn

• pchyen
    Options

Hi Hahlyn, congrats on completing chemo!

Nicole will start her second 1/2 of chemo on Thursday. It will be 4 sessions of bi weeklyTaxol and Herceptin. Nicole will also be getting 4 sessions of Perjeta starting Wednesday.

• hahlyn
    Options

Hi Pchyen

Congrars to Nicole for moving on to the second phase. Getting closer to the finish line!

Today I'm back at my infusion center for hydration. This last chemo my doctor took me off the Zarxio shot as it was causing too much pain I was miserable. But now I'm dealing with swelling in my face from I think the steroids but they should be out of my system by now. It's starting to go down but I'm going to keep and eye on it. I've never had swelling as a side effect.

Hahlyn

• mamacure
    Options

Congrats Hahlyn! Hope SEs ease soon and you can enjoy life again. Did your docs mention Keytruda? I am TN also and have the same concerns. I will continue with Keytruda for awhile even after my chemo ends. I have one more Taxol (Abraxane) and then MRI, then onto 4 AC. I am enjoying feeling good this week, one day at a time. I wish you the best!

• NatureYogi
    NatureYogi Member Posts: 135
    Options

Looks like we have a group of TNBC, I have it as well. I finished up chemo on June 17, mastectomy in July, radiation after recovery. They mentioned oral chemo for later on, not sure what that will be.

• pchyen
    Options

Nicole got her first of 4 Perjeta on Wednesday, no issues. She started Herceptin + Taxol on Thursday, had an allergic reaction 1/2 through Herceptin so the nurses pumped some meds into her. was able to restart and finish Herceptin but ran out of time to do Taxol. First of dose dense Taxol was administered on Friday, so far so good, no allergic reaction from Taxol.

• HopeHeal
    Options

Glad no reaction to the Taxol, Pchyen.

• hahlyn
    Options

Hi HopeHeal

My Onc hasn't mention anything after chemo which I thought was odd seems like there are other meds like Keytruda that can be taken. I will ask again. Being honest I don't want to have any chemo but if there is a pill available I'm all for it.

Natureyogi - did your doc say what pill it would be.

Pchyen - glad they were able to control the reaction hopefully everything goes smoothly going forward.

Hahlyn

• HopeHeal
    Options

Hahlyn, I believe Keytruda is still in clinical trial and is for those with advanced TNBC. So if we had a good response that explains why it wouldn't be recommended.

• hahlyn
    Options

HopeHeal

Thanks for the clarification!

• hahlyn
    Options

Hello

For those where this was a reoccurrence. How are y'all feeling after the 2nd bout of chemo? I finished on June 17 and I'm exhausted still. Last time after chemo I had 6 weeks of radiation and I worked everyday and seemed to be fine. This time just TC chemo no radiation and I'm just so tired. I realize it's only been 3 1/2 weeks. I'm just wondering how the rest of y'all are doing. I had more energy on radiation then I do now and I'm done with chemo. Wondering if it will just take my body longer to heal. I'm suppose to go back to work and on call Aug 2 and I am struggling as I'm worried about energy.

Thanks Hahlyn

• Carpe-Diem
    Carpe-Diem Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hahlyn - Congratulations on finishing chemo. My round of chemo also was for a second breast cancer, and I had TC as well this time. I found TC to be rather difficult and my oncologist said that TC is very unpredictable. I finished chemo on June 2nd, and this week is the first week where I have more energy and strength to do things. My heart rate had been high, and when I took a walk my heart rate was at cardio level. Listen to your body, and take it easy. As the weeks go by, you should start feeling better. Hopefully by the end of July, you ought to feel more like yourself. Good luck.

• hahlyn
    Options

Thanks Carpe! I certainly hope so. Glad to hear you've gotten some energy back. I think I'm just being impatient you are right I need to take it easy.

Hahlyn

• pchyen
    Options

Hi Hahlyn, congrats on completing chemo!

Just an update for Nicole. Nicole is on round 7/8 of DD AC+Taxol. She started Herceptin and Perjeta as well (3 Herceptin, 2 Perjeta infusions). One more round and she is done with chemo and then onto surgery/radiation.

Hoping Perjeta on top of AC+T and Herceptin will give her pCR. We might ask for a few more rounds of Perjeta after surgery, will talk to Nicole’s MO.

• DH320
    Options

well yesterday Im finally finished with chemo. Got to ring the bell and all in all it was a pretty emotional moment. I sorta kind of feel Reliefen but I know it ain’t over for a long while. Still have to go and get the port removed, heal a bit and then on to five weeks of radiation. After that some kind of pill to keep hormones down. Still a way to go. But best of all done with the nasty chemo. Today is the last neulasta shot and then recovery. Yay 😀😀😀

Hope all have a great day

Doris