Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

HELP! Stomach Issues and Weight Loss

Options
2»

Comments

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

Each_day, I have no idea what is going on with you, but here is a link to a thread I made with articles about weird lobular mets. The last section has scientific journal articles. My thought is to share some with your physicians and radiologists, to make sure they understand what they must look for/rule out, and how ILC mets might appear on imaging. Also, are you being seen at a place that deals with complicated diagnoses, such as university teaching hospital? When things are mysterious, I think that is pretty important.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/876844?page=1#top

• Each_day_2018
    Each_day_2018 Member Posts: 66
    Options

WallyCat - I stopped taking it several months ago because of the joint pain and side effects I was having. At my next appt with my onc dr (Jun 10) we are supposed to talk about some other options. Femara? I think thats the one he mentioned.

Shetland - I think I came across this yesterday! I was reading through some of them. I don't go to a teaching hospital...and 98% of the patients I've ever seen in the Cancer Center are at least 60+ so I really just don't think my dr knows how to deal with my concerns and thinks I'm just being silly....idk, that's how it feels sometimes LOL

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

I would gather all my records, including imaging on disc, and get to a higher-caliber place. At this point we do not know if that needs to be a cancer center, but you should be able to find a large hospital that has a cancer center in it. Something is wrong, and somebody needs to figure out what. If a doctor makes you feel silly, to me that means you need another doctor. Your weight loss is real, and not normal.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,593
    Options

The early satiety is common with ovarian cancer, though I see you have had your ovaries out. Have you had a chance to make some gyn appointments?

I agree with ShetlandP - time to get thee to a more involved hospital where they can say "actually, my colleague may know.." and send you across the hall.

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Have you been checked for any of these:

https://www.healthline.com/health/unexplained-weig...

• Each_day_2018
    Options

Sondra - Yes, my ovaries are out. I just went the to an GYN appt last week so still waiting on results...I'm not having any issues in that department though (other than typical menopausal complaints), so I don't anticipate anything abnormal.

Wallycat - I had my thyroid levels checked last week: normal. I know it's not RA; my mom has it so I've watched her symptoms over the years...A few others on there def deserve a closer look. Thanks for all of your input...it's actually helping me stay sane!

• Each_day_2018
    Options

I had routine bloodwork done today...as I was researching my high MCH levels, it led me to Macrocytic Anemia, which I've never heard of. I'm 90% sure that's what it is. The first symptom is loss of appetite/weight and I have many of the others. I see my onc doctor next week and will bring it up then. In the meantime, I will be focusing on increasing my vitamin b-12 and folate to see if it helps.

How crazy would it be after all of these tests and all this worry, that it's something that can be fixed with a vitamin! And also, why are those not the first things checked?!

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

That would be wonderful, considering how unwell you have been. Yes, as we age, our gut can't make the b-12 we should be able to from the food we eat. Sublingual tablets, vitamins and often times, a b-12 injection can help.