Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lymphedema and the covid vaccine

Options
2»

Comments

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Knock on wood, I have not had lymphedema yet.

I got the Moderna shot. Moderna uses 100ml vs 30ml of the pfizer, which means more reactions with a higher dose. My first Moderna shot was on the non-cancer arm. My armpit lymph nodes swelled to a small baseball size but faded over that week. I had my second shot in my left thigh. No swelling anywhere. I had the "covid arm" rash on my arm and my leg. I had very noticeable reactions to both 1 and 2 shots. It took nearly 3 weeks for me to feel more like myself after both shots.

I hope people understand the mRNA technology has been in development for over a decade. This is NOT a "quick vaccine creation" that manifested in a few months. It was simply fortuitous that the technology and the virus converged. The Delta variant is spreading faster and hitting harder. Even people who have gotten the vaccine are seeing a lot more breakthrough infections. You may say, then why bother...with the vaccine, you live. Without the vaccine, you may not. The vaccine gives us a fighting chance. The talk of a third "booster" is being discussed for those with little to no antibodies after two shots. As horrible as my side effects were (and I mean, I had some nasty crap going on--and my arm that received the vaccine still hurts on and off, but NOTHING like the 2-3 weeks after the shot), I would take the booster, willingly. My last shot was early April.