Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Super worried and confused.

Options
Spring2021
Spring2021 Member Posts: 6
edited June 2021 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi there,

So about two month a ago I got a little red itchy spot on my left breast. It went away. I gave it no thought. End of April, my left breast developed a red itchy rash spreading to under my breast. My right breast also developed this rash on the outer side of breast. I went to dr. She sent me for a ultrasound and mammogram. Both came back clear. She gave me a lotion to put on breasts. The rashes cleared up. A week later I developed a tender achy to touch spot on my left breast on outer side. I called the dr. She seemed very annoyed as she and another dr dismissed This a dermatological issue. I asked for a referral for a mri. She asked for me to come in before the referral. In the mean time, I went for thermography of my breast. Both breast showed some inflammation. More so the left one. Super worried as these symptoms are so confusing but point to IBC. any thoughts or advice? So worried. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kathabus
    kathabus Member Posts: 45
    Options

Hi....I attached a place for you to start before others come along.

I think a clear mammogram, a clear ultrasound and, cleared up rashes after the cream (even though it came back) are all positive signs. If it was cancer it wouldn't clear up. And bilateral IBC is almost unheard of. I hope that makes you feel better.

There will be others with more experience who can comment.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/83/topics...

• jons_girl
    jons_girl Member Posts: 444
    Options

I’m so sorry your going through this. Doesn’t sound like your doctor is listening to your concerns. You could go to someone else for a second opinion

I wouldn’t put much trust in thermography. I had thermography wks before my cancer diagnosis and thermography didn’t detect the breast cancer. Neither did mammo see my cancer. Only ultrasound saw mine. I have very dense breast tissue. But some women here also have had ultrasound miss their cancers too.

Keep us posted we are here for support

• Spring2021
    Options
    • Thank you so much for your response. I requested a mri. I also have an apt at the odette cancer clinic June 21. Just seems so far away. Did your thermography show inflammation? That’s what worries me. Not knowing what is going on is the most stressful part of it. Wishing you well and sending healing energy. Thank for the support.
  • jons_girl
    jons_girl Member Posts: 444
    Options

You're welcome. Yes waiting for answers is the worst. I’m always amazed that doctors don’t seem to understand. I had an amazing surgeon who did understand but it’s the diagnostic part before cancer dx that seems to be the most frustrating part of the process for most people. Hang in there. Just remember you can always go see another doctor if you want a second opinion. we are here for support

I don’t think the thermography showed anything where my cancer was It made me mad when I found out I had cancer weeks later because that was a waste of my time and money I know some people think thermography is great But it wasn’t great for me

I’m so glad I felt my tumor. It was small but ultrasound showed the blood source to the tumor and everything

I hope all goes well and you get answers soon Keep yourself busy that does help during the waiting for appts

We are here if you need to chat

Blessings

• kathabus
    kathabus Member Posts: 45
    Options

Hi--this is only to help you relieve your anxiety a bit. There is no evidence of breast cancer at this point. We see SO many women come here with breast issues like these....because when you google the symptoms.....IBC pops up. But almost always they circle back with us and tell us how it was a stubborn dermatological issue. Hopefully the MRI can relieve your fears a bit. I hope I don't sound dismissive. It's just hard to hear people suffering with anxiety when most of the time it comes out OK!

Good luck to you and let us know how you make out!

• Spring2021
    Options

Hi there,

Thank you for your response. No you don't sound dismissive at all. When the rash cleared up I let it go. Then with in a week I started to feel pain and tenderness in my left outer breast. It radiates into my armpit and arm. I went for thermography and it showed inflammation in my left breast. Less inflammation in the right. The right feels healthy. Something is definitely going on with the left. I pray it's all healthy but I do trust my body as something feels very off.

Thanks in advance.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,998
    Options

Sorry for what you are going through. Good that you're advocating for yourself. Perhaps you could consider asking to get on their cancellation list, should they have an opening. Are you going through hormonal changes?

• Spring2021
    Options

thank you for your response. I’m not sure about the hormonal issues. I recently did blood work. Also the lady that conducted the thermography said it wound pick up anything hormonal. Honestly seeing the inflammation on my breasts form the thermography really worries. What else can it be??? thank you in advance.

• Spring2021
    Options

hello,

Just wondering if IBC can present Like that. First a Rash. Rash goes away then left with breast pain on the left outer part of the breast. No longer any physical changes of the breasts anymore. Maybe the left breast appears a tad bigger. Thanks in advance. Also the like I mentioned the thermography showed inflammation in both breasts but more so in the left in the tender spot. Also I’d like to mention I have breast implants. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Thank you

• blue22
    blue22 Member Posts: 172
    Options

IBC in both breasts is incredibly rare. The fact that you had a rash on both breasts suggests something else.

Who recommended thermography?

You mention implants - I would consider posting questions about potential issues with your implants. I don't have them, but I know having issues with implants is much more common than IBC!

• Spring2021
    Options

No one suggested it. I read up on thermography and thought it was a good idea. The thermography showed inflammation in both breast. More so on the left one where I’m currently having pain. Not the entire breast just one part of the breast. The left out part. Pain also radiates to armpit and shoulder. Thanks in advance.