Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Swollen arm, elbow, wrist, hand

Options
13»

Comments

• veeder14
    veeder14 Member Posts: 271
    Options

Hi Serenity Stat and everybody,

Recovery moving in the right direction but seems slow to me. Good news is the burning nerve pain down my arm is finally gone! Whew! That was a long 8 weeks of that.

LE Therapist has me taking November off from app'ts and I return the first week in December. The swelling I had in my elbow and wrist is gone, there is still some soft tissue swelling in my shoulder where the surgery was according to the xray, and my hand swelling has gone down considerably, can see tendons and my knuckles, working on bending my fingers all the way. I'm still wearing the Tubigrip compression sleeve, and a compression glove I purchased. I'll find out at my next app't whether I still need to wear these.

My surgeon gave the go ahead to continue more Physical Therapy and took of any lifting restrictions (although I still can't lift much more than 2-3lbs yet). Thanks to PT I have much more range of motion in my shoulder which make it easier to do everything.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

Great news! It may seem slow, but you’ve made a lot of progress. No more burning pain is huge! You’re doing great!

• veeder14
    Options

I was discharged from the Lymphadema PT this morning! The Therapist said I am a success story. I don't have Lymphadema, Whew. The swelling is down in all areas and considers my arm normal. It's recommended that I keep doing the exercises for my hand/fingers as the tendons are still somewhat stiff. She said to wear the sleeve/glove a few hours per day while going through regular Physical Therapy until completely healed. I will have Physical Therapy for some time yet but my range of motion is getting a lot better. Thanks for all the support.

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

This is fantastic news! Hope you get your full ROM back. Now don’t do what I did after I recovered from my shoulder injury and then injured the other shoulder almost immediately. Oops!

🥳

• veeder14
    Options

SerenitySTAT and everyone,

I’ll be real careful. Saw the surgeon yesterday and had X-rays, the bone is healed and all hardware in place. No swelling anymore and my fingers and hand are bending much better.Moving along with gaining range of motion and I have 2 more months of PT. Doing all the home exercises. Allowed to drive again but haven’t gone any place yet.

Thanks again for all the support.

• SerenitySTAT
    Options

Excellent news!