Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo November 2021

Options
13»

Comments

• nns121317
    nns121317 Member Posts: 110
    Options

Hey everyone!

I did pause my treatment for my graduation. Even so, it took me two full days to recover after walking for commencement...just no energy. I was so nervous about wearing a wig with my graduation cap, but a lovely advisor who also wears wigs was super helpful in making sure everything was secure. I was one of two outstanding grads in my college, so I carried a banner while leading the other graduates, and that was a workout! I'm so happy I went. Thank you for all the well wishes!

Because of the holidays, my next AC isn't scheduled until the 29th. I'm already dreading it - the side effects just seem so cumulative. Due to COVID my husband is traveling to see family for Christmas, but I'm staying home with my animals. At least with all the holiday treats, I haven't lost as much weight this round.

Hope everyone is gearing up for a wonderful weekend!

• nns121317
    nns121317 Member Posts: 110
    Options

My third AC has sucked. There's just no other word for it. The actual infusion was rough, and I ended up getting some Ativan because I was so anxious. My BP was nearly 180/120 and pulse was 107, both are usually the lower end of normal.

That was last Wednesday. I slept all day Thursday and Friday (I slept through my Neulasta injection for the second time, got it a bit late). Saturday I was awake but camped out on the couch, and Sunday I tried to get it together for my husband's birthday but didn't do much. Yesterday I tried to work from home, but felt dizzy and "off". By last night I had a massive headache, tightness in my chest, nausea/acid reflux, sweating and chills but no fever, just about 98.9. It kept me up most of the night. I finally got some sleep, but it took a lot of effort to move from my bed to the couch this morning. Ugh.

I wonder if I have COVID, everyone seems to have it here, but getting tested sounds like a lot of work. I debated calling my MO, but I can't put my finger on any symptoms that would be abnormal for chemo. This one has just knocked me on my butt.