Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Radiation December 2021

Options
2»

Comments

• smoothoperator78
    smoothoperator78 Member Posts: 72
    Options

Finished fraction 10 of 15 today. I started getting a little tan/pink after the 9th session. A little darker today. I expect it will be pretty raw in two weeks when I’m done with the boosts.

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    Options

Hi ladies. I am hoping some of you can help me. The ones of you that has mastectomy and expanders or reconstruction before radiation. How long was it in between time of surgery to radiation?

I had a BMX in Nov 2, I had some issues with skin healing and am just now beginning fills. Which will be about 4 fills. Then radiation.

My radiologist kinda snarled at this a bit but I did have clean margins and no lymph nodes involved. That would mean about 16 weeks out from surgery to radiation for me. Has anyone been around this long?

• smoothoperator78
    Options

I finished my 15 of 15 fractions today and start my 1st of 4 boosts tomorrow.

I’ve got a subtle tan line and several irritated follicles/darkened SKs but that’s it so far.

• Mockingbird114
    Mockingbird114 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Smooth Operator - so happy that you are doing well and finished with your 15 fractions! Good luck with the boosts!

• smoothoperator78
    Options

tomorrow is my last session of radiation. Finishing up that boost