Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

IBC?

Keebs
Keebs Member Posts: 5
edited January 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

I noticed a raised red spot on my left breast, which prompted me to take a photo. I feel though that it was a pimple of some sort because it is now dried up and healing...gotten smaller and fading away. (Was there for only a week.)

However, in my photos, I noticed little orange skin looking things on part of both of my breasts. You could barely see these "indentions" with the naked eye.

I'm not sure if I've ever had that. But, my boobs are kind of not firm at all.

I do have dense breast tissue and also fibrocystic breasts.

I don't have any other symptoms. Sometimes, my neck will get itchy and red. But, I have some skin tags that itch. Not sure if that is at all connected to IBC...as far as itchy neck. (Mostly where my collar, from shirts, hits.)

Does this sound like IBC?

What else can cause those indentions in both boobs? They aren't noticeable with the naked eye, but when zoomed in with the camera, you can see them or if I stand in the dark, with the camera light on, and look closely.

*Has anyone had pitted orange skin on both breasts and it not be IBC? It's kind of just in small areas and skin feels smooth...they are hardly noticeable.*

I don't feel warmth, no inverted nipples, and sometimes I feel aching, but that has been happening all my life. (If it occurs more and more, than that's a red flag.) But, years and years ago, almost a decade ago, I had intense breast pain and had to see a doctor. A mammogram and breast ultrasound were given and everything came up clear.

Sometimes, I get that pain. But, it's been happening for years now.

I get my yearly mammogram.

Also, my breasts feel smooth. But, I'm wondering if this is the beginning of something or if I'm just a hypochondriac.

I need help. I can't sleep most nights because I'm so worried.

Update: I'm sorry I didn't mention this before, but if I lift my boobs up, I can see the indentations and also if I were to squeeze my breast tissue together.

I'm getting another pine lime spot near the d one which is healing and shrinking.

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,044
    edited January 2022

Keebs - you don't say how old you are - but even then IBC is rare. You said your mammo's are clear. If you're really concerned you should go back to your OB/Gyn for a physical exam

• Keebs
    Keebs Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2022

I'll see about getting an appointment. I'm in my 40's.

But, I understand that women are diagnosed at even younger ages also

I'm really not quite sure what it is I'm seeing. But, was wondering if the pore looking indentions can be found in both breasts?

It's hard to see with the naked eye, but I am wondering if it's nothing or the start of something?

What tests should I have and bloodwork done?

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    edited January 2022

Another option, but probably harder to get an appointment, is to see a dermatologist. Because you're commenting primarily on the appearance of your skin, this could be a good choice. If a dermatologist sees something concerning, they might choose to do a skin biopsy. There is no blood test for breast cancer.

Here is an article on diagnosing IBC. https://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/inflam...

Your other issue is the anxiety that is keeping you awake. Please address this with your doctor, too. Good luck.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,808
    edited January 2022

Hi Keebs,

Here is a section on IBC, that we hope could be helpful. We understand the stress of finding changes, and potential symptoms. We are eager to hear what you find out with your doctors.

Warmly, The Mods