Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Shoulder Pain - scapular winging after SLN biopsy

Options
2»

Comments

• SandraDublin
    SandraDublin Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2022
    Options

Mockingbird, I’m delighted to hear you are seeing such an an improvement and so quickly, and treatment making such a difference to you. Thanks for sharing the details and let us know how the strengthening progresses for you, hope the improvements continues!

I had my check up yesterday and was initially dismissed by both nurse and then consultant but asked the nurse to look again and she agreed there was an issue (shoulder blade visibly protruding way more than the other!) the physio was called and took a quick look and also agreed likely scapular whinging but can’t treat me because I’m was’t operated in that particular hospital… so made an app with the other hospitals physio but a weeks wait :( Learning I really need to push and advocate for myself as no one else will. Trying to get an appointment earlier with a cancellation. I’m doing all my shoulder excercises in the meantime

Serendipity, sorry to hear you are in pain too but hope now you have the cause you can get the right treatment plan soon.

FarAwayTo, I will check out this magic mat also! I have a lot of back instability (disc issues) so may help :)

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    edited January 2022
    Options

FarAway- I have noticed that when I use the mat closer to bed time I do sleep better.

I had such a hard time finding a bra after my exchange, I remember one day being at the store literally crying because I was so frustrated trying to find one that worked with my foobs. While at Sam's club back in November I came across Ellen Tracey bras and took a chance and purchased two packs,, they are amazing, soft, nice V in the front, wider band and lower in the back. I don't really need to wear a bra, but I get a little self conscious because of the iron bra feeling and still need some revisions, so I'll wear one if/when I go out for a casual dinner, which is not very often right now thanks to covid.

I'll have to look up the Wear Ease Sydney bra, thanks Minus!

Clothes...ugh, that's a whole separate issue. My body has changed so much since being dx'd. I've lost weight, I'm rather curvy so it's not that noticeable, but none of my clothes fit. My tops are too tight, which goes to prove that my foobs came out too big and my bottoms are loose. I honestly live in lounge wear and jogging suits, thank goodness it's winter. I have my day time pj's and my night time pj's lol. I refuse to buy clothes right now as I'm hoping the PS will agree to a reduction, which I believe she will.

• alz
    alz Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2022
    Options

Serendipity09 - do you have any updates on what your orthopedist did for your shoulder capsular contractures? I am suspecting i have the same issue... Orthopedists so far were pretty useless. I am curious if your orthopedist had any good ideas how to resolve this awful condition. Thank you!

• serendipity09
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi alz!

I had shoulder manipulation done on Feb. 4 and it has helped tremendously. They put me under general anesthesia and moved my shoulders around to break things up. I do have a tear in my right shoulder which will probably have to be addressed at some point.

Ask ortho if it's an option.

I hope you get relief soon.

I was absolutely miserable on top of already being miserable, if that makes sense.

Keep us posted.

ETA: My implants are still too heavy and weighing down my shoulders, but they are being removed and I'm still far better then I was.

• alz
    alz Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2022
    Options

Oh, I can relate to being miserable on top of being miserable. That describes me now. I am glad you had relief! i will ask ortho surgeon whom I am seeing in a couple of weeks about this procedure. Good luck with removing your heavy implants! Hopefully, you will feel even better.

• serendipity09
    edited March 2022
    Options

Thanks alz!

• raymondaz
    raymondaz Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2022
    Options

I had shoulder manipulation also from Orthopedic Surgeon under anesthesia after

two years of horrible pain it helped about 80 percent

• serendipity09
    edited March 2022
    Options

ramondaz - I agree, I'm not back to 100%, but so so much better than I was. Do you find that the side that had the lymph node removal is worse? Just curious as that side, which is my "bad" side is the problem shoulder.