Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Diagnostic Mammogram

Options
Mary1977
Mary1977 Member Posts: 4
edited January 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

I am having a diagnostic mammogram on Tuesday as my skin on my left breast was inflamed , I saw the dr for this last week and she requested one and we go from there.The redness has now gone but I can feel a lump around where it was, the thing is I am not sure if just normal tissue as I do have lumpy breasts. I cannot always find it straight away , would this show on a mammogram ? Also I can only feel it lay down with my arm behind head. Will they need me to show them

Comments

• rrobin0200
    rrobin0200 Member Posts: 80
    Options

you’re doing the right thing by having a diagnostic mammogram. It won’t hurt for you to pinpoint the area of the lump to the tech. if it’s not found on the mammo, an ultrasound may be needed, especially if you tell the that you can feel something amiss. You’ll receive a Birads score at the end of the Mammo.Sending well wishes your way and please let us know your results.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,082
    Options

Mary - I remember your many posts from 2020 but I can't remember your age. I am glad that you still have not had a diagnosis of breast cancer. Hopefully you have an OG/Gyn that you've learned to trust. That's important with reviewing mammograms &/or lumps. Also I hope that you've been able to get a handle on the anxiety. Good luck Tuesday.

• Mary1977
    Options

Thank you for your replies . I am 44. Unfortunately I do still suffer with anxiety but I am keeping a lid on it as I am sure I will be fine :)

• Mary1977
    Options

just had my mammogram I also have found a lump which the tech could feel also. It showed up on mammogram then the radiologist wanted another picture of the spot before I could go . I had another picture the radiologist read it and then the tech said I was free to go it. I asked what the lump was and she said all she could tell me is my mammogram was normal which of course is good news . Should I not have had an ultrasound too or shall I just forget the lump . Sorry to be a Pest I just read that all palpable lumps should have ultrasound not just manm

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

Call back and ask for a full report. Talk to the radiologist or get a copy of their report. The techs can't help but you should be able to find out what the radiologist saw. Most lumps are nothing to worry about. If it was, they would have sent you for an ultrasound.

• Mary1977
    Options

I spoke my Drs receptionist she said the Dr should get report today and she will talk to her about my concerns . I am just going to try and forget about it as my health anxiety will try and drive me nuts . I need to think rationally that they would have done an ultrasound if they thought I needed one