Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Weird symptoms, please tell me what you think

Options
Marchockey13
Marchockey13 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi all, I would like peace of mind or your personal stories or advice, to help me with my mom’s situation. She is 61.

Now I must say she will be getting a mix of a mammography, CT Scan, and biopsy. I know you could easily say “just wait for the results”, but I still would like to hear you in the meantime.

her symptoms:

red marks on 1 breast

1 breast bigger than other

Darker nipple and around nipple

Skin on breast feels harder (theres no lump though)

No pain. No itchiness. No discharge

The red marks became less noticeable recently. I hope thats a good sign.

These symptoms started months ago when she noticed the red marks. She shouldnt have waited, we know, but now shes in good hands. The red marks are actually less noticable than they used to be, so I hope that’s a good sign.

I hear that most cases that can relate to these symptoms end up being an infection, inflammation or injury. Can you please reassure me somehow, perhaps with your story? Shes 60, shes not breastfeeding, and I hear that Mastitis usually happens in women breastfeeding. However she can recall one day where she lifted heavy things and had pain in her breast from that “workout”, and the marks seem to have started around then. So we are hoping it might be some sort of injury or trauma.

Thanks so much im advanc

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited January 2022
    Options

You're probably not going to like this answer but you really do need to wait for testing. You're in a forum for breast cancer, so you're not going to hear a bunch of reassuring stories from women who had injured boobs with symptoms like your mom's. Everyone here had symptoms that turned out to be cancer. Hopefully your mom's are not cancer though! It doesn't sound to me like those are typical symptoms of cancer but that doesn't mean much because there are many types and it can present differently in different people.

But I can tell you from personal experience, searching for an answer before you receive testing results doesn't help. You'll stress yourself out unnecessarily. Wait to do research until there's something to actually learn about!

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    edited January 2022
    Options

Right, I was just going to say basically the same thing as ParakeetsRule. The members who hang around here are the ones who had cancer diagnosed, so we're not the population to give you the stories you want. And even if we were, our stories don't affect her story.

I know this is stressful for you, but you really do need to wait. I wish your mom all the best. Thanks for your concern as she goes through this.