Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Please Help Me Understand Biopsy Report

Options
Winkieles
Winkieles Member Posts: 7
edited January 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hello, I am a 59 year old with a family history of BC (Mom diagnosed at 58 with first BC and had unilateral mastectomy and she just passed away at 89 with Metastatic BC in the remaining breast)). I've had 18 past surgical biopsies (all left breast), with many coming back as papillomas and 2 also having ADH so I'm hoping you can shed some light on these new biopsy results I received today.

Unspecified lump in the left breast,

lower outer quadrant.

Diagnosis:

A. Breast, Left, 5 o'clock, 8 CMFN,

Nodule, Core Biopsy:

- ATYPICAL DUCTAL HYPERPLASIA. See

comment

- No malignancy identified.

There is atypical ductal hyperplasia with apocrine features, focally bordering on ductal carcinoma in situ arising in a-background of papilloma. Appropriately controlled immunostains for CK5/6, p63, smooth muscle myosin are obtained, which highlight the myoepithelial cells at the periphery. ER is positive.

This case was reviewed in intradepartmental consultation

Gross Description:

A. Received is a formalin filled specimen container labeled with two patient identifiers and "LT breast 5:00, 8 cmfn".

The specimen consists of seven elongated pieces of yellow-tan fibroadipose tissue measuring from 2.8 cm to 0.7 cm. Also included in the specimen container are multiple small irregularly shaped fragments of adipose tissue measuring in aggregate 1.2 x 0.9 x 0.2 cm. Each piece is dotted with black ink. The grossly identifiable core biopsies are entirely submitted in cassettes 1 - 3. The remaining specimen is filtered through a fine mesh bag and entirely submitted in cassette 4.

Collection date & time: January 5, 2022 2:25 PM

Time placed in fixative: 2:30 PM

Placed in 10% formalin fixative? Yes

Time of grossing: January 6, 2022 9:34

AM (MA/mashe 01/06/22 09:35 AM)

Due to loss of elastic tension and tissue shrinkage in formalin, the clinical sizes may be larger than those reported here.

Comments