Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Four years post treatment lump under scar

Options

I really can’t believe I’m writing this. It never seems to failed something seems to come up right before my next six month check. I was doing my monthly check at the beginning of this month and I noticed a new lump under my lumpectomy scar it is not right on the surface it actually feels more under that. It’s taking a lot to learn my new body since treatment. Which included chemo lumpectomy and radiation. In the beginning I did notice that on my scar line for my lumpectomy it was a little thicker. It has not changed in the past three + years. This is not that same feeling when I did my last check for the month andmy heart just dropped when I felt it. I guess I’m looking for the good the bad and the ugly. Positive stories of similar findings as well as the truth and any negative outcomes. Send me a little sanity’s my check up is not until the third.

Comments

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    Options

I've had four scares, with lumps or weird findings on scans, in the four years since ending treatment. All have turned out to be benign. Three were fat necrosis and one was just wonky imaging.

Here's hoping your new lump turns out to be benign. Most are.

Good luck.

Trish

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    Options

Turbokitten, my stats were much like yours, TN, my tumor a bit smaller than yours. My surgery was April 2019. Last fall, 2.5 years after diagnosis, I found a new lump under my scar. BRAND new. NEW new. Small lump, about 5mm, the size of a peppercorn. Three weeks later I saw the BS, had mammo and US, and then biopsy. By then the lump had grown to about 8mm. You could see it under my skin. The biopsy showed it was a foreign body giant cell reaction, BENIGN, probably on my titanium surgical clip. They aren't supposed to be reactive, but you know us TN people are special. :)

Anyway, of course you're terrified and of course you have to get it checked. But even so far out from surgery, your body just does STUFF. So it could be completely benign. I sure hope it is. Please let us know what you find out.

ALSO, are you a quilter?

• amusingsoprano
    amusingsoprano Member Posts: 77
    Options

When the oncologist signed me off after lumpectomy and radiation he told me that it was common for lumps to occur on the surgical scar and that the vast majority are benign so no to be too alarmed if that happened to me. (But we get alarmed anyway don't we?) He said that of course they would always do tests to confirm what it was. I hope that this is the case for you.

• turbokitten88
    turbokitten88 Member Posts: 21
    Options

Trishyla

It’s so hard. Your story makes me feel better. I just don’t understand why it can’t stop changing after so long? Lo

• turbokitten88
    Options

MountainMia

I didn’t think about the clip. Maybe it’s just that causing the change. Why can’t it be done? lol my mind just goes straight to panic mode. I will be greatful to have peace of mind at my appointment. I’m hoping for results like yours!

Yes I am a quilter 😍✨ are you ?! I love it so much. Started a year and a half ago during quarantine. If you have Instagram follow my shananagins at @the_unicorn_quilter

I just made this block and put it in a Jean jacket actually 🥰🥰

• mountainmia
    Options

I am a quilter and have been for many years. I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in it. It's also great for distraction from LIFE, isn't it? :)

• turbokitten88
    Options

Oh I love finding quilters. It’s a dying craft it seems and then being 32 I don’t have any friends interested in it all. Well till they want me to make a quilt for free lol. Follow me on Instagram. So you have one? It is the only thing actually keeping me sane in the moment. Here is my latest make!!!

• mountainmia
    Options

It's really cute. Very good.

I've been off of IG for a few weeks and will admit I don't miss it.

• turbokitten88
    Options

understand ✨✨if you hope back on at any time find me. I’m only on there for quilting lo

• turbokitten88
    Options

anyone else want to jump on and share while I try to keep busy….

• turbokitten88
    Options

<3

• turbokitten88
    Options

if anyone is following, I got rescheduled for Thursday due to ice, snow and sleet and such. <3

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,208
    Options

Turbo - good luck Thursday.