Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pain in nipple/breast during ovulation

rrobin0200
rrobin0200 Member Posts: 80
edited January 2022 in Pain

hi all!

Here’s my hx: BMX in 2017 for Left breast DCIS. Direct implants. Follow up every 6 mos with breast oncologist; just had my most recent follow up in November of ‘21.

I’ve mentioned to her before that during ovulation, I feel a slight, dull pain in the nipple of the left breast. She said that ovulation could cause this. It definitely goes away after ovulation is over, but still makes me nervous. I do not menstruate any more since an endometrial ablation in April ‘21.

Does anyone experience this?

Comments

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934

@Kipani

Did you ever get your MRI? Have you been diagnosed yet? You don't have a diagnosis filled out, or at least made public. Several people got involved in your earlier posts and it would be courteous to let us all know your current status.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,044

Kipani - Do you have a similar diagnosis now? You joined this breast cancer forum in September supposedly seeking answers for your concerns.. Looking at your latest post, it seems maybe you finally had an MRI last week?? If so, do you have the results?? Hopefully the results were negative for BC and you have gotten treatment for your health anxiety.

Since it seems unlikely you've been through a mastectomy for breast cancer with concomitant reconstruction in the last six days , it seems disingenuous for you to give advice to people who have. As the thread says - it is to share with "others who are experiencing breast cancer and related pain".

Robin - since your oncologist doesn't appear to believe it's related to cancer and it seems tied to ovulation, maybe you could consult with an OB/GYN to discuss your concerns. Another possibility would be to visit your plastic surgeon to have imaging ordered on the implants.

• Kipani, this is the Pain Forum, with the description "Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain." Do you fit that description?

The link you posted is not about women who've had breast cancer and who have had a nipple-sparing mastectomy - yes, nipple pain is normal during ovulation for women who have natural breasts. Rrobin however is describing pain in an implant reconstructed breast with a reattached nipple. Trust me, an implant reconstructed breast and a natural breast are quite different, and pain can have different causes. Therefore, as has been requested of you several times already, please be respectful of the rules of the board and those of us with breast cancer, and stick to the Not Diagnosed forums. As you yourself said in one of your earlier posts, you are just learning about breast cancer. This means that you are not in a position to be offering advice and providing information to women who do in fact have breast cancer and who come to this site seeking advice from others who have had a similar experience. Should you be diagnosed with breast cancer - and I hope very much that you won't be - you will come to understand and appreciate why the board has a separate forum for those who are not diagnosed.

Rrobin, do you feel anything similar on the other side? It is odd that this is occurring only on the left side. Do you otherwise have any nipple sensation or feeling? I agree with MinusTwo that you may want to talk to your PS and get some imaging, for peace of mind if nothing else.

• rrobin0200
    rrobin0200 Member Posts: 80

thanks minustwo and Beesie for your replies. Very much appreciated.