Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Small bumps on mastectomy scar

Options

I’m a year out of double mastectomy for her2 positive, hormone negative breast cancer. Had my swap surgery (tissue expanders to implants) in November. Healed very well. In the last week, I have noticed two new small bumps over my mastectomy scar, on the same side where I had the cancer. They don’t look red or infected. At first I thought it must be scar tissue, but now wondering if that’s how recurrence can present itself?

Comments

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    Options

I'm sorry you have this to worry about. None of us can know what your bumps are. It certainly could be scar tissue, as the body continues to do weird things for a very long time. (I had an incident of that last fall, 2.5 years after surgery.) You really need to contact your MO or BS to take a look. Good luck.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

Agreed, any new bump needs to be checked out. A recurrence could in fact present that way. But scar tissue doing weird things is common!
  • serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    Options

Had the same issue last month and had it looked at by BS. Thank goodness it turned out to be nothing, just the scar tissue going through some kind of phase.

As MountainMia and Parakeets advised, have it checked out to be sure.

Hope it's nothing! <3

• jasmin2020
    jasmin2020 Member Posts: 11
    Options

Thank you, MountainMia and ParakeetsRule. I have contacted my medical team 🙏 Trying to think positive until they can actually see me. Thank you for your support

• jasmin2020
    jasmin2020 Member Posts: 11
    Options

Thank you, Serendipity09. I’m so glad it turned out to be nothing! Hoping for a similar outcome. All the best!

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

Fingers crossed it's scar tissue acting up! I'm glad you've reached out to your doctors. Let us know how it goes if you can. ❤️