Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Newly Diagnosed

Godzgirl2
Godzgirl2 Member Posts: 11
edited February 2022 in Just Diagnosed

Hi everyone! I’m 33 y/o and I just received my biopsy results today. IDC and DCIS in the left breast. Not the news I was hoping for (obviously) but I am relieved that I now know what's going on and that I'll be taking the steps to beat it. Dr. says it was caught very early, which is good. I meet with Breast Surgeon Friday to discuss treatment plan. God is still good and I will praise Him even in the midst of this storm. Sending well wishes to all of you!

Comments

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696

Heart

check out the NCCN website and read the treatment guidelines for breast cancer.

I wish you well. We are here for you!

• Godzgirl2

Voracious, heading there now. Thank you

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,808

Godzgirl, we're so sorry for your diagnosis, but glad to hear that it was caught early. We thought you may be interested in also posting in the Mixed Type Breast Cancer forum, where you'll meet others who have IDC and DCIS too.

Good luck with treatment and further tests. As you can already see, we're all here to support you, so if you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Wishing you well,

The Mods

• Godzgirl2

Mods, thank you for the information! I will check it out

• gdraiser
    gdraiser Member Posts: 1

I am 65 and just recently diagnosed with IDC in the left breast. This has been a daunting adventure so far. I feel like it is one step forward and then two steps back. I have met with the Breast Surgeon who ordered a breast MRI. That has led to some questionable areas in my right breast and more tests. I met with the medical oncologist who has also ordered an additional test. Thankfully, the plastic surgeon had no need for additional tests. I have no plan of treatment yet as I am awaiting to complete the additional tests and receiving the results. I haven't even had the chance to meet with a radiation oncologist yet because of all the tests I have to undergo.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605

Ah, yes, the never ending stream of scans! The first few months are a whirlwind of tests and scans and appointments and more scans, but it will settle down soon and once you get a treatment plan, you'll feel a lot better about things!
  • rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192

Gdraiser - yes it takes a while to gather all the information in order to determine your treatment plan. I believe one of the more difficult aspects of this disease can be that just when you think you know what the plan may be, something changes. You truly don't know all of your treatment information until after your surgical pathology is completed. Your comment of "one step forward two steps back" is very descriptive. Hang in there, focus on taking care of yourself in whatever manner you need to do, and know that the lovely individuals on this site are here to "talk" things through.