Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pain with implant?

Options
aram
aram Member Posts: 320
edited February 2022 in Pain

I had my mastectomy with immediate reconstruction about 3 months ago. Recently my cancer side hurts. Is this normal? Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• lalbo
    lalbo Member Posts: 68
    Options

Aram - Good morning!! Glad you found this community, there is a lot of good information here.

What kind of pain are you having? Could it be nerves or is it a pressure type of pain. If you can describe the pain you are having that could help others respond.

I had my TE to implant surgery in September 2021. I have some sharp pains sometimes where they removed lymph nodes. Sometimes my cancer side has twinges of pain. I figure it might be nerves, no extended pain so I am not concerned. I have feelings where it feels like constriction in the cancer side, but it doesn't last very long.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

What you've described is extremely vague. It's probably best to check with your doctor and have it looked at if the pain hasn't gone away after a couple weeks.

• aram
    Options

Thanks Lalbo and ParakeetsRule. I will be talking to my doctor but I wanted to know if anyone else have had this issue. I am not sure how else to explain it, except that my left breast hurts and it is weird because technically there is not much other than my skin there, and the rest is the implant,

• nns121317
    nns121317 Member Posts: 110
    Options

Aram,

I had my BMX and implant reconstruction two days after you. While sometimes I have strange sensations and twinges of pain, especially on my cancer side, I definitely don't have anything I'd describe as a constant hurt. Hopefully your doctor can get to the bottom of things.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,078
    Options

Nerves take a long time to heal/regenerate, but yes - talk to your doc. Also consider that pain may be due to Lymphadema. Here's a site that will give you more information about that. Maybe even more than your doc knows about.

http://www.stepup-speakout.org/

• aram
    Options

Thank you NNS, and MinusTwo. The pain is less now. I will talk to my doctor about it as well