Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Male Breast cancer

Options
malebreastc
malebreastc Member Posts: 89

I have just joined this group, I have recently been dignosed with Metastatic Breast cancer, I am a male, do we have any Males in this group

Comments

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,694
    edited February 2022
    Options

MaleBreastC, traveltext is male.I'm sorry you're joining this group but glad you've found us. My brother had Stage IIIB breast cancer. He is not in here in any capacity, though.

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,051
    edited February 2022
    Options

Welcome MaleBreastC I've been on this forum for eight years and helped many men of all stages. Are you able to put your details in your signature? That way we'll know your cancer type and perhaps any treatment you've had.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,963
    edited February 2022
    Options

MaleBreastC, we're sorry you have to be here for this reason, but wanted to say welcome! We know that you'll get tons of support and understanding here. Besides this, you may want to join also the Male Breast Cancer forum, for men who have been diagnosed.

And if you'd like your diagnostic and treatment information to show in your posts signature as Traveltext said, click on Settings in the blue left-side navigation, scroll down to the Treatments & Diagnoses Privacy Settings, and change it to Public (it defaults to private). You can switch it back to private at any time.

Thinking of you. Keep us updated on how you're doing, please.

Warmly,

The Mods

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited February 2022
    Options

I'm not a male but I also just wanted to say I'm sorry you've found yourself here. But there is a ton of useful information and many helpful and kind people!

• malebreastc
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks for your post, I have just started Palbociclib + Fulvestrant and am on the 2nd cycle, am hoping to get a good response, any experiences with this group of drugs would be welcome.

• traveltext
    edited February 2022
    Options

MBC, thanks for posting your diagnosis and treatment history. Fifteen years was a long run after surgery, alone, as your initial treatment in 2004. Your type of cancer, ++- is mostly what men get and it is the one that is most treatable.

it’s good that you are on Ibrance, that is generally efficacious. Wheredid the cancer return to?

• malebreastc
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks for your response, recurrence is after 17 years in Spine, and Liver, initial treatment was also Chemo and Radiation. So you think Ibrance works ? I also am on Fulvestrant in addition, do you think the mets reduce / disappear ? just fishing for positive informaiton

• traveltext
    edited February 2022
    Options

Ibrance is an excellent drug. Fulvestrant is an effective hormone blocker. You are on good treatments with more options if the Ibrance does not work. Where are you being treated?

• mswife
    mswife Member Posts: 66
    Options

Hi again

My husband just had some routine labs done in prep for follow up with his RO - all labs looked good (liver, calcium) but she ordered a ca 15-3 tumour marker and it is quite elevated at 78 :( So now he has a CT scan ordered and we are back to that horrible feeling again. Unfortunate because he has been feeling great and tolerating Tamoxifen.

• traveltext
    Options

Good luck with the scans. I found it's helpful not to have any preconceived notions about any aspect of this disease.

• mswife
    mswife Member Posts: 66
    Options

back with a quick update -

it appears he has progressed with some subcentimeter pulmonary nodules. He is feeling well. We are awaiting med onc opinion on treatment, but I am assuming it will be Ibrance or similar. We are surprisingly calm and hopeful about what looks like multiple treatments options. They suspect he was likely de novo at initial diagnosis 2 years ago and the nodules just hadn’t grown enough to see.
    ill keep everyone updated!

• traveltext
    Options

Sorry to hear what must have been obvious news. There are lots of options and good ones, too. My friend Barry has been on Ibrance for over four years and he has a few more lines of treatment in reserve. Keep us posted.