Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage 3c - cervical lymph nodes treatment

Options
bong
bong Member Posts: 40
edited February 2022 in Stage III Breast Cancer

I have two nodes that lit up in the PET/CT scan in the cervical VB area which threw me to 3C. The oncologist suggested I start on Act chemo first but we did not biopsy the neck beforehand. Now, we are almost done with chemo, they are telling me they will not try to take out theselymph nodes in the neck but will do a mastectomy and then axillary lymph node surgery. They are also telling me that they will zap the neck with radiation after surgery. Can anyone else in the same 3c boat share their treatment plan? I'm thinking of going for a second opinion as I’m hoping they will be able to locate and possibly remove the neck nodes. Thanks

Comments

• jo-jo2018
    jo-jo2018 Member Posts: 139
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi Bong,

I am not staged yet, waiting for my bone scan tomorrow to see if I will be IIIC of IV but I have malignant cervical nodes. I was also told that surgery to remove them was not an option and they will start with an aggressive chemo and rads to shrink it. I was hoping they would be removed after treatment. I see an oncologist in a few weeks so I will ask about that. I absolutely get it, I want these out too!

• bong
    bong Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2022
    Options

so sorry Jojo. Yes - hoping it’s not stage 4 for you as well