Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Strange lump

Options
ABCDE85
ABCDE85 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi, I have a history of cysts and benign changes in my breasts. Family history of bc.

I'm used to being told everything is a cyst but I found something different today. I usually do breast exams with two fingers but today I decided to poke around more so to speak. I felt a bumpy large mass of what I wanted to believe was two or three cysts attached to each other. Or else it's a textured irregular lump which I know is bad. It stunned me and my heart has been sinking ever since. I want to think it's a cluster of cysts but that seems unlikely. It's misshapen. It seems to move around under my fingertips slightly but I have larger breasts and can't tell if it's just breast tissue moving around. I just started my period or else I'd try to assess if it hurts. I do get painful armpits and breasts right before my period but I don't remember if I felt pain in this area.

I'm dreading the long wait to get seen and imaged so I just wanted to know if any benign change can be like this. Can something benign have an odd shape? Does that ever happen? Thank you so much. Just trying to get through the waiting.....my guard has been way down since covid and I feel so guilty for not paying close attention.

Comments

• juju-mar
    juju-mar Member Posts: 200
    edited February 2022
    Options

be careful - don't get too far ahead of yourself. If you call your GYN doc with your concern, they should do their best to get you seen asap. Demand it if they put you off. Good luck.

Juli

• krose53
    krose53 Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2022
    Options

I had very dense breasts with with lots of big lumpy lumps all through my 20's- 50's. Definitely get it checked but not time to panic

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,945
    edited February 2022
    Options

ABCDE85, we're so sorry you find yourself here and worrying.

Echoing the sentiments above, please consult with your doctor and let them know of your concerns, and they will advise on next best steps. In the meantime, try not to get ahead of yourself, and stay away from Dr. Google. Please come back and let us know how things go with your doctor.

Sending you best thoughts!

--The Mods

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    edited February 2022
    Options

"my guard has been way down since covid and I feel so guilty for not paying close attention."

Please ditch the guilt. You found a lump, and you're addressing it.

"Or else it's a textured irregular lump which I know is bad."

Not even the most experienced oncologist would ever claim to be able to diagnose cancer from a manual exam. There is no reason to expect that we could do it for ourselves.

I hope you're able to get it seen by a doctor soon and, if necessary, get scanning. Good luck!