Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New lump…help

Options

Ok. I felt what I believe to be a lump in my breast. I never felt my last tumor, so I'm not sure what I'm feeling.

My breast feels like it's got long chords or tubes going through it and it felt like a hard knot lodged in the middle.

Is that what it feels like or just a normal change?

Also, some days it is easier to find.

Is that normal?

I have a mammo and ultrasound scheduled for March 29th.

Comments

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,591
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi JJefries, I'm sorry you're worried. Have you seen your MO or your PCP? Either of them might be able to expedite your mammogram and ultrasound. I never felt any cording - just lumps. I'm sure someone else will chime in shortly.

Carol

• Mymomsgirl
    Mymomsgirl Member Posts: 95
    edited February 2022
    Options

JJeffries I had fat necrosis form after surgery and it was a hard spot. I had one form where my tumor was removed and one form in my other breast after some reconstruction. Some people are more prone to them. I would agree with Sunshine's suggestion reach out to your doctor and maybe they can get you in earlier.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited February 2022
    Options

JJeffries, did you have radiation? I have had similar changes post radiation which I can usually massage away, some take longer than others. Several mammograms and thorough breast exams have affirmed that the changes are radiation response for me. Agree that you should get this checked out. Let us know what you find out.