Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Help, new lump.

Options

Ok. I felt what I believe to be a lump in my breast. I never felt my last tumor, so I'm not sure what I'm feeling.

My breast feels like it's got long chords or tubes going through it and it felt like a hard knot lodged in the middle.

Is that what it feels like or just a normal change?

Also, some days it is easier to find.

Is that normal?

I have a mammo and ultrasound scheduled for March 29th.

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,082
    edited February 2022
    Options

JJeffries - I just saw this same post on another thread,. It's usually better to stick to one thread so everyone can follow the answers.

That said, I was never able to figure out anything from self exams. Glad you have testing scheduled. Try not to poke around while you wait.

• jons_girl
    jons_girl Member Posts: 444
    edited February 2022
    Options

I'm not sure what that is. it's possible your feeling a lymph node too. I have one that's wonky. Moves around a bi. But when they check it all seems fine on diagnostic.

I’m not a dr tho so couldn’t tell you what that is that your wondering about. I’m sorry. We are here for support.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,940
    edited February 2022
    Options

Lipomas, or fatty growths, can be moved around a bit if they're in a place that has room for movement. I had one under my jaw that got to 7 cm. Apparently it was an unusual spot because it took years to get it identified correctly, and removed.