Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Armpit Lump, Ultrasound scheduled

Options
Bnycskeey
Bnycskeey Member Posts: 2
edited February 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

I noticed a lump in my armpit after an infected hair follicle. Infection went away and 4 months later lump is still there. I went to my dr and she confirmed she feels swollen lymph nodes in my right armpit. She ordered an ultrasound as a precaution. Appointment is Monday.

The lump feels kind of squishy, not round but more flat and oval. No other symptoms so far, she did a breast exam and said everything else felt normal- no other lymph nodes are swollen.

I’m 34, still pretty terrified. Any experience w this type of lump? I’m seeing a lot of “marble sized” etc

anything helps, even just support as I’m scared

Comments

• jo-jo2018
    jo-jo2018 Member Posts: 139
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hey Bnycskeey,

I know it is scary but please try not to stress. (I know easier said than done) That node is probably still swollen from fighting the infection. Keep positive and let us know how your US goes on Monday

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,911
    edited February 2022
    Options

Bnycskeey, we're so sorry for the worries that bring you here. As Jo-Jo says, it can be very hard to not jump to conclusions and think the worst, but please do try to remain positive. It's much more likely that this swollen node is nothing serious than that it is. Please keep us posted on how the ultrasound goes and we'll be sending good thoughts your way in the meantime.

--The Mods

• monarchandthemilkweed
    monarchandthemilkweed Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2022
    Options

13 years or so before I got diagnosed with cancer, I too found a lump in my armpit. Not marble sized or shaped. Turned out it was breast tissue with lactational changes as I was pregnant at the time as well as a fibroadenoma. All benign. I had an ultrasound and biopsy. I was around your age as well. With all anxiety provoking things in life, you need to find an outlet for your worry (journaling, venting to a friend) then move on to something productive and fun.

Update after your appointment!

• Bnycskeey
    Bnycskeey Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022
    Options

UPDATE- it’s confirmed nothing- they felt the “lump” and took pics of my whole armpit and it’s not even a cyst - literally they think it’s just a muscle. Told me absolutely no red flags and to go about my life.

I will say- I do not wish that experience on my worst enemy. Ultrasound tech couldn’t have been lovelier and more helpful, but I was simply terrified. The moment I stepped into clinic I was sobbing and continued to sob throughout the ultrasound. The tech said - honey I cannot tell you anything because I’m not the doctor- but do I look worried?? Still until I got the piece of paper I was a wreck.

sending lots of love to you all and hoping for similar results. DONT GOOGLE. It isn’t helpful. If you feel something weird, get it checked out to confirm. xox

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2022
    Options

Good news. Thanks for updating.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,911
    edited February 2022
    Options

Dear Bnycskeey,

Thanks for sharing your update. Good news. We are so glad to hear it.

The Mods