Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance or Kisquali? Can you share your experience

Options

I am on Ibrance and had an allergic reaction. My Onc says if I want to go on something stronger with more impact I should consider Kisquali. I am wondering if anyone has experience with both or either? Seems Kisquali has a longer span of time it works, but maybe greater side effects? He said once I switch I can not go back on Ibrance. Any help is appreciated

Comments

• jo-jo2018
    jo-jo2018 Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi ddil

I am on day 6 of kisqali. First 2 days were rough with nausea & vomiting but then everything calmed down besides extreme fatigue. I have not been on Ibrance so cannot comment on that. I know it is still early days but so far its very tolerable

• mojos
    mojos Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2022
    Options

I have been on Ibrance for 2+ years and it has worked well for me. No cancer spread and I've not had any real side effects. I realize how lucky I have been. Can't speak to any other drug.

• ddil
    ddil Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thank you for sharing that experience- I hope it works well for you. I hear it’s a good drug

• landafflady
    landafflady Member Posts: 14
    Options

I was on Ibrance and fulvestrant for 5 years…Ended May 2023…both tumor marker Ca15 and cat scan I indicated progression.

Began Examestane and everolimus in May and again cat scan in October 2023 indicated progression …side effects were not tolerable as well

Will begin Kisquali and Arimadex this month ..November

Would like to hear from others how how you tolerated this regiment …

I am post menopausal …