Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting for Right Breast Mastectomy

Options
4Urglory
4Urglory Member Posts: 2

I discovered the lump on my Right breast Nov 09, have my Biopsy done Jan 17 and was diagnosed last Feb 03, 2022 and still waiting for my Mastectomy scheduled on March 28. The reason for the delay is the coordination of the available schedule between the Onco & Plastic Surgeon. I am just concern for the long wait...

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Waiting sucks but breast cancer is generally slow moving! I was diagnosed in March and didn't start any treatment for two months. When it's big enough to be seen on scans it's already been there for a long time so more waiting doesn't make much difference.
  • nipab
    nipab Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2022
    Options

I know exactly how you are feeling, 4urglory! I had a mammogram in early December but was going on vacation for three weeks, so got Ultrasound and then a biopsy in mid-January. Got results in 4 days, then MRI a week later. But did not get a mastectomy and reconstruction done until last week.

Due to covid, everything is backed up. One week in February was school vacation week where I live, so that did not help either as all doctors were on vacation too. I used that time to get a second and third opinion and felt better with my choice.

You can try that too and also try to eat better, more protein and add proper exercise.