Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Is it ever not cancer!?

Options
catfurr
catfurr Member Posts: 39

Hi lovelies!

I had a cat scan on Monday due to weird chest pain that was diagnosed as an irritation, given meds, went away, all good. However, they noted bilateral enlarged internal mammary nodes and referred me to my oncologist. Saw her Tuesday morning, she orders Pet scan for today, but it was rescheduled for next Thursday due to insurance hasn’t ok’d it yet🤬. Of course, I’m more than a bit freaked out and just trying not to cry…

My question is…what else could it be and Has anyone else been in this situation????

After 7 years, I thought I might be done with all this

Comments

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,939
    edited March 2022
    Options

I get regular CT scans because I had kidney cancer in 2018, the same year as breast cancer. I've had enlarged nodes in the kidney bed area that have led to two PET scans and one biopsy. Benign, so I just seem to have occasional large nodes! I hope you have similar results.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2022
    Options

Lots of people come through this forum with enlarged nodes in various places that turn out to be not-cancer. Hopefully that's the case for you too!

• gm6789
    gm6789 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Yes, I've experienced that inflamed, or even "suspicious looking", nodes can come out benign

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,747
    Options

gm6789,

This thread has been inactive for more than a year and the op has not signed in for a year.

• catfurr
    catfurr Member Posts: 39
    Options

Hi!! Since my original post, I was diagnosed with MBC to my liver and several other places. 5 months of weekly taxol l, plus herceptin and perjeta every 3 weeks knocked it down to just a small spot on my liver. Until today, I was optimistic that I could possibly survive this for several years. Routine mammogram and ultrasound tho found a mass near my sternum and an enlarged lymph node under my arm. Both “highly suspicious for metastatic disease” Awesome….next up PET/CT scan on Friday….ugh, I hate this!

• maggiehopley
    maggiehopley Member Posts: 103
    Options

Hi catfurr. I am so sorry to hear you are in the situation. Let us know how your PET/CT goes. I'll be thinking about you.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,911
    Options

@catfurr So very sorry to hear of this update, but we are all here for you! We hope you can join us in our Stage IV forum, and might consider joining one of our weekly MBC Zoom Meetups.

We're here for you!

—The Mods