Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Treatment for recurrence

Options

Hi - I found a lump about 2 weeks ago on my chest. I have an ultrasound April 27th. I am panicking because in 2013 I had stage IIB triple negative breast cancer and had Adriamycin/Cytoxan and Taxol. My reaction to the meds was horrendous. I couldn't work, I was lucky to be upright they made me so sick. Even though I don't even know if this is cancer I am terrified I would be facing that kind of treatment again. Can I hear from some who have had a recurrence what the treatment was/is? I know it is tailored to each of us,but I was just wondering…. Thank

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2022
    Options

The good news is they won't do the nasty AC chemo again. Almost everything is better than that!! If you didn't have radiation the first time that might be an option. It will also depend on where the cancer has recurred. If it's only that lump on your chest they might do something different than if it's already spread elsewhere. Hopefully it hasn't! I can't speak to specific treatments for TNBC though so hopefully someone else will have some thoughts.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,168
    edited April 2022
    Options

After a bmx in 12, I found a pea size lump on the other side 7 years later. Surgery and rads, no Iv chemo. I am currently on ibrance and letrozole, just had a PET last month, nothing lit up.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 662
    edited April 2022
    Options

So I had a TNBC recurrence in axilla/chest wall in 2020 and was treated with Gemcitabine , Carboplatin and Keytruda. Had some issues with gem/carbo but it was tolerable. I had an ALND and radiation, unfortunately was not NED after surgery so then took Xeloda. Let's hope for the best for you that this turns out to be benign. Best wishes!