Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation May 2022

Options
124»

Comments

• sallyred
    sallyred Member Posts: 24
    Options

I finished my 21 radiation treatments on June 15. Around the middle of July I was starting to really *think* again. Looking back, the worst SE from radiation was how it messed with my head. I can't tell you if it was the radiation or how much I disliked the techs, the process, and the daily interruption while I was trying to work. Whatever it was, it was more debilitating than any of the chemotherapy or the lumpectomy. I know part of it *was* just in my head - the day I saw my RO for my follow up, I was again completely unfocused for the whole day (she's nice, definitely not my most compassionate doc, but part of a generally dehumanizing experience for me). I still have some pain occasionally, and am still doing some light massage, especially under my arm. My next RO follow up is in January - thank heavens! I'm already planning on taking the whole day off to do something FUN!

• BbyMom
    BbyMom Member Posts: 31
    Options

Sorry for the late reply as I haven't been active on here for a while, but congrats to those who finished their rads treatment and hope everyone is healing well. We made it! :D Sallyred, great idea to take the full day off to do something FUN... you deserve it and hope it was great! I'm still feeling the occasional pain but thankfully the discolouration from rads faded and I'm not experiencing any extra sun sensitivity so am able to relax a bit and enjoy the summer... hope you are all enjoying the summer too!